*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

07 Connect T200 75 tdci EGR issues after replacement valve

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

07 Connect T200 75 tdci EGR issues after replacement valve

Postby justthatguy » Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the form and to transits so, firstly I apologise if I'm sounding like a broken record on this topic that I know is regularly covered and secondly if my technical terminology is not yet up to scratch! Also my home mechanic game is currently not on point - very keen to improve this.
Connect spec is 2007 T200 75TDCI @ 78732 miles.
I tend to use BP diesel.

My current problem began at the end of march - van wouldn's start having sat for only 2 days after putting in a good few miles no problems, no dampness around the injectors when cold, good oil level and reasonably clean air filter. Recovery got me going again using Easy Start - bad yes but that got me to work. I booked van in for a full service, oil change, fuel and air filter (just in case). At this point there was no EML showing and no logged codes on the diagnostics. When the fuel filter was removed it seemed to be under filling so we thought that was what was causing the ropy starts and tendencies to stall.

The next week, EML came up and whenever I would start the van there would be a short but noticeable splutter straight after ignition (no gas on or before ignition), revs would rise in pulse like increments when in neutral with gas and dirty smoke was coming out the exhaust.

This type of revving and the lack of almost all power until hitting 20/25mph is what I believe is 'limp mode'? No?

Took it to the garage and alas, EGR codes came up. After the existing valve and manifold were dismantled and cleaned to no avail, I was advised to get a new valve. New valve was fitted, manifold cleaned and computer reprogrammed 2 + half weeks ago. It returned to the garage 4 days ago where mechanic spent a day and a half checking all electrics, removed new EGR valve, reinstated previous valve and then REfitted the new valve after confirming it was working. Mechanic drove it around 10 miles with no issues, it took me 6 miles until EML returned on my way to work 2 days ago.
After a 47 mile drive this morning with none of the symptoms of my EGR 'mare - tho EML still on - I made it to work fine. When the time came this evening to drive home, starting it up I got the same symptoms I was having before. Got home fine on the motorway and when I hit town, power returned as it normally does when this happens. Straight away I looked under the hood to see if there was anything glaringly obvious, all i could see was a dampness around what I believe to be the vacuum pump. Is it possible that oil is getting into the vacuum pump, creating the exhaust smoke and making it run so badly? I have attached 2 images sorry about the quality or lack there of. Please tell me if I'm on completely the wrong track and if there is anything I can do.

20180517_202609.jpg

20180517_202336.jpg

I have not had the time to get it seen to again and I wont do until possibly 2 weeks time (self employed, sporadic work etc.). I have reached a point, all help and suggestions very welcome.

Thanks for reading!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justthatguy

Return to Technical Problems & Questions