*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2001 ECU buzzing

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2001 ECU buzzing

Postby fordson » Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

hi every one I have a 2001 nipper bus 2.4 Duratek I have been having problems with the engine warning light been on . it came back with codes 404 and 409 I cleaned the EGR and fitted a new sender unit into it I also found that the air filter was water log and was falling apart. I have notes that when I turn the ignition on the ECU buzzes but if I reset the codes when its buzzing it stops buzzing then with out turning back the ignition I can then turn the engine on and NO lights come on even after 10 min running but if I then stop it and re start the engine the ECU starts buzzing and the light comes back on my question is do the ECU buzz ? when you turn it on if not what do I have to do has to fitting a new one ie having it coded to the bus and if so what may be the cost looking forward to your replies
fordson

Re: 2001 ECU buzzing

Postby fordson » Tue May 29, 2018 11:29 am

I have now i think found the problem the buzzing was the fuel pump lol but I still have 409 @ 404 coming up
fordson

Return to Technical Problems & Questions