*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

air mass harness cannot fined plug

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

air mass harness cannot fined plug

Postby fordson » Tue May 29, 2018 10:30 am

hi I have a 2001 transit 2.4 nipper bus I have just seen that my MAF has not got any connecter for it will this make code 409 or 404 come on it is located at the bottom front passenger side of the bus and not at the drivers side where the air filter his. will there be a connecter on the lower front has I cannot fined one there his a plug up near the head light but I don't know what it his for and it will need a extension to connect it any help will be most welcome
fordson

Re: air mass harness cannot fined plug

Postby bambi mk 1 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Post a picture as it seems like you have a later engine fitted .The sensor is fitted on the egr and turbo boost sensor is under the wiper panel on the bulkhead on early ones :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby fordson » Tue May 29, 2018 4:07 pm

WP_20180529_15_20_51_Pro.jpg
bambi mk 1 wrote:Post a picture as it seems like you have a later engine fitted .The sensor is fitted on the egr and turbo boost sensor is under the wiper panel on the bulkhead on early ones :wink:
hi bambi mk 1 this is a photo of the EGR and also a photo looking down to the hose that comes from the EGR to the cooler under the front it looks like it the AIR MASS has not been used in a long time JUST TO SAY THANKS FOR THE HELP [img]
WP_20180529_15_20_51_Pro.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordson

Postby APH » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 pm

you have the correct, earlier engine set up, that doesn't use a a TMAP sensor (that thing in the boost pipe next to the intercooler) Its not actually a MAF, its a Temperature & Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. On your engine you have the temperature sensor in the side of the EGR housing, and the MAP sensor is fed from the rubber pipe off the top of the egr housing, up to the sensor module under the scuttle on the drivers side.

I would guess that someone changed the intercooler at some point and got one from a later van, and just left the TMAP there instead of the short plain piece of plastic tube.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby karl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm

APH wrote:you have the correct, earlier engine set up, that doesn't use a a TMAP sensor (that thing in the boost pipe next to the intercooler) Its not actually a MAF, its a Temperature & Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. On your engine you have the temperature sensor in the side of the EGR housing, and the MAP sensor is fed from the rubber pipe off the top of the egr housing, up to the sensor module under the scuttle on the drivers side.

I would guess that someone changed the intercooler at some point and got one from a later van, and just left the TMAP there instead of the short plain piece of plastic tube.

Andy :D

+1 :D
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Technical Problems & Questions