*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2018 Euro 6 brakes

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2018 Euro 6 brakes

Postby TonyandLouisa » Thu May 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi all - we just ordered a new camper on a 170hp Euro 6.

I know (now I've read this forum!) that this version has had its share of problems (and eaten someone else's too) but I'm hoping that the injectors and so on have been sorted.

That said, I just had a call from the dealer.

Apparently, there is a problem with the brakes coming on and locking up. Ours did it going from one part of the site to the other. So they can't let me have the van, and it needs to go back to Ford for a safety recall. There are lots of these, so I was told.

I've scoured the internet (well all right, looked for a couple of hours) and can't find any mention of this as a problem, or a VOSA recall, or a Ford recall.

Anyone heard anything? This is a huge commitment for us, and we're nervous now - to the extent we might write off the deposit and buy something else.
TonyandLouisa

Re: 2018 Euro 6 brakes

Postby p2thed » Thu May 31, 2018 9:11 pm

recall notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 2018 Euro 6 brakes

Postby TonyandLouisa » Thu May 31, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks very much! Very useful info.

Knowledge is power, so that'll help with the conversation with the dealer tomorrow. I feel bad giving them a tough time, but I'll feel worse if we end up with a nightmare van...
TonyandLouisa

Return to Technical Problems & Questions