*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What have I broken?

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

What have I broken?

Postby cheesemaker67 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi,

I' a newcomer to Transit vans and I've just bought a 2002 T950. When I got it the alternator was faulty, so I got that reconditioned and a mate put it back in for me. However, in the process of doing that he's damaged a corrugated pipe which is now pouring oil all over my drive. If I can find out what this pipe is called and whether it's easy to replace I will do, but it's knowing what it is that's the issue. I've taken a couple of photos and I wondered if anyone could identify what it's called and whether it's going to be relatively easy to replace or repair please ? Any help, greatly appreciated.

CameraZOOM-20180622173426146.jpg

CameraZOOM-20180622173401096.jpg

Cheers

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cheesemaker67

Re: What have I broken?

Postby wojciech » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:28 pm

It is oil drain pipe from turbo to engine - I think. :?:

For FWD models look (on picture part nr 5) -> https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l ... I3Mg%3D%3D

For RWD models look (on picture part nr 3) -> https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l ... I3Mg%3D%3D
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby cheesemaker67 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Many thanks for the reply and identification.

A couple of questions on this, if I may :

Given the tiny hole, is it possible to patch it with liquid metal ? If so, which one should I use ?

If I need to replace it, do I need to drain all the oil from the engine first ?

Many thanks

Ian
cheesemaker67

Postby wojciech » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 pm

cheesemaker67 wrote:If I need to replace it, do I need to drain all the oil from the engine first ?
No. This pipe doesn't work under pressure, all the oil from turbo goes gravitationally down this pipe to the engine.

cheesemaker67 wrote:Given the tiny hole, is it possible to patch it with liquid metal ?
I don't think so, it is thin-walled steel pipe. Maybe it is work for very good welder-artist - I think. Best solution - find second one good using pipe.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby cheesemaker67 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. It is much appreciated.
cheesemaker67

Return to Technical Problems & Questions