*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New engine

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: New engine

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

Only just put mine back together, cracked piston in n.o 4 cylinder and a hairline crack starting in n.o 3. Changed all 4 so we’ll have to see what happens, aftermarket pistons just looked the same as the original ones but hopefully better quality...

Mines a rwd, the guy that tested/condemned my injectors reckons it’s usually pot 3 or 4 as they get the least cooling due to being at the back so not getting as much air flow and it’s the heat that does them.

All 4 of my injectors failed the insulation resistance test on the piezo so I put 4 new ones in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Smnspark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Well I asked ford very Nicely if they may help with the cost of repairs to engine being using the sales of goods act “unsuitable for purpose” as seems to me it’s a common fault cylinder 3 cracked due to injector under fueling but they just said not interested has any one else come across this issue and help me with some advise please
Smnspark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Smnspark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Injector 3 sent for test seems it’s been under one ting which has caused heat and cracked piston
Smnspark
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:33 pm

There was a recall issued for Transit Custom - Injectors assembled incorrectly.
Also a PCM update that effectively reduced fueling to prevent piston damage was issued

There is another BIG issue with Injectors on 2.0 EcoBlue engines (Euro 6 with adblue) - Effecting over 19,000 UK vehicles manufactured in 2019
Batch of faulty injectors resulting in high fuel consumption, reduced engine performance, misfires, poor idle & limp mode

Ford will replace injectors under warranty. Currectly there is NOT enough replacement injectors available.

No vehicle recall will be issued for this fault due to DVSA say's doesn't qualify as a safety issue...
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions