*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

help transit 2.4 2007 code p0001 any help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

help transit 2.4 2007 code p0001 any help

Postby raybe » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 pm

hi people i been getting cutting out on starting,but after 5-7 go`s it runs sometimes makes a rattle noise cuts out,but it will start and drive power seems fine
etc,i put a post up last night was advised to do timing chain etc.

but today i found an old vgate maxiscan vs-890 thought id hook it up,even tho no dash lights on etc,and it gave me a code p0001

it says on more info on the scanner fuel volume regulator control-open circuit ,also wiring regulator control solenoid
i know the scanner is an old cheap thing but should i not have had engine light come on,if it had stored a code.
or can they stay out even tho something is wrong.

ive looked online and the solenoid i think this is referring to is on the pump,if so is it straight forward fitting

i did fit both solenoids on an old 02 transit duratorq years ago,i think it was fuel metering and fuel timing i changed,was a bit of a pig,but it was at the front,but it ran fine after and still dose.is the 07 2.4 easy and straightforward if this is my problem.many thanks.
raybe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: help transit 2.4 2007 code p0001 any help

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 pm

We'll assume you have a Mk7, fuel system is common rail and will be nothing like the older 2002 Mk6....the SCV and PRV are common failing points for the Mk7's....best to get pump and pilot learns done after replacement of valves or she'll never run right.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby raybe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi thanks for your help.i today went to a friends garage and hooked up to a launch pro.
it come back with codes

p062b
p2265

the fella there also said to check all wiring under seat and batteries first,as one of the batteries has been changed but one is original ford
as sometimes when i crank it i get a crunching sound like a power drain noise from under the seat,and it wont turn over,then i try again and it spins over no problem at all.(it's not the starter motor sound lazy or sticking) it sounds like a crunch buzzing from under seat.

so the guy with the scanner reckons check them out first,incase loose wires or bad battery,
could a bad battery give me these codes false,???

i also have no dash lights coming on,and once it starts drives fine,i come home pushed it up to 85 no problem.many thanks.
raybe
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 am

If one of your batteries is "original Ford"...chances are it's 11 years old...you'll do well to get 5 or 6 years out of a battery.

There's a relay under the driver's seat which connects the two batteries together for starting, this may be playing up...after that the van runs all electrics from the front battery.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions