*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ESP Light and Temperature Gauge fault

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

ESP Light and Temperature Gauge fault

Postby DriverG » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing the following problem please:

I have a 2012 Transit 2.2 RWD 125bhp and it has developed the strangest problem, whilst driving along the temperature gauge wiggles about for a while then the ESP light comes on and the temperature gauge stops working. Turn the ignition off and back on again and all fine, between 3 and 5 minutes later and the same cycle happens again.

What makes it more strange is you can force this to happen while stationary by revving the engine up, temp gauge wobbles followed by ESP light coming on, temp gauge goes off.

When it is stationary and everything is fine I press ESP button which brings the light on but has no effect on temp gauge.

When ESP light comes on via the problem above the switch has no effect, it just stays on with temp gauge off.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
DriverG
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ESP Light and Temperature Gauge fault

Postby motorman116 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:49 am

Will need looking into and not saying it is this for definite, but I wonder if the dash pod is starting to fail :?:
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: ESP Light and Temperature Gauge fault

Postby knobby1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am

Have you had the codes rear..?? Do you have two batteries under the drivers seat...?? If so check the front one.....can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions