*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Reconnecting Battery and Alarm sounds - imobolised

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Reconnecting Battery and Alarm sounds - imobolised

Postby FlatoutTom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey guys,

I hoping someone can help me. I have an old Y reg / 2000/01 ex RAC Transit van. It was a great work horse for me for some time but sadly she became a little too rotten to use on the road so we took her off and parked her up ready to do the repairs. One thing has lead to another and its been sat for around a year or so.

I took a fresh battery and jump pack to her the other evening with the intention of getting her running, pull her out the yard to stick on ebay and when connecting the battery the alarm goes off and it seems to be immobilised.

This is extra weird as in the whole time I owned the van I didn't even know it had an alarm, this is the first time its gone off. It does this literally the second it gets power connected.

Does any body have any suggestions please? The key fob I have for the central locking works and unlocks and locks the door yet makes no difference to the alarm. The key when power is connected opens and unlock the central locking but again, the alarm continues to sound and the engine will not turn over at all, ie no starter engagement.

Any help would be gratefully received guys :)
FlatoutTom

Re: Reconnecting Battery and Alarm sounds - imobolised

Postby Brains_transit » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Has it got an after market alarm fitted and also if you can unplug the siren or the horn if that's what's going off as it's hard to concentrate when an alarms going off at close range :lol:
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby gotgcoalman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Brains_transit wrote:Has it got an after market alarm fitted and also if you can unplug the siren or the horn if that's what's going off as it's hard to concentrate when an alarms going off at close range :lol:

Mk5 horns sound like this TOOT
Mk6 horns don't work.
I'm assuming as it's a crossover year that it's after an market alarm :cry:

If it is aftermarket,hope it's a diy by previous owner and not a professional "integrated" job :(
ne m'écoute pas je suis plein de merde.
A house without a dog is like a forum without a BJT.
Too bloody quiet :shock:
gotgcoalman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 am

Sounds like you've got a PATS issue....have you had the codes read..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions