*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sliding door contacts not working

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Sliding door contacts not working

Postby maushawk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Got my van back from the bodyshop for some welding around the rear passenger side wheel arch. Got home and discovered the sliding door no longer locks, the van honks at me when I use the fob and I've had to lock the side door with the manual twist knob for now.

I thought the bodyshop might have welded through a wire or something, but I went out tonight with a volt meter and checked all the connections. The flat contacts on the wall of the van flash 12v when I hit lock or unlock, so the main wiring around the van is all good.

The springy connector pins on the door are another matter. I disconnected the wire that links it to the locking mechanism and used the ohmmeter to check continuity from pin to connector along each wire. Only the earth wire is continuous.

See part in photo. Green line = circuit, red line = no circuit.

I assume each contact pin should connect to one of the 3 wires in the grey plastic connector so I should be getting continuity through all 3, not just 1, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maushawk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions