*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Alarm going off randomly???? Transit /Transit custom

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Alarm going off randomly???? Transit /Transit custom

Postby chipper » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Alarm going off randomly????

Have you got it sorted yet????

They need to possably install: FSA 21B23 - Transit Custom PHEV - Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm Issue

Contact Ford at PPFDBCK, F (F.) <fppfdbck@ford.com>

they will check for you if you give them your Vin no.

This was the Email i had with Ford

Dear Ford Team

I have been asked to contact you by the Ford Pro App developer team regarding a problem I have with my van alarm

I took delivery of a new transit van VIN no. WFOEXXTTREMR****** on 1st sept 2021

Thatcham CAT1 Alarm factory fitted

The Alarm Siren goes off and the hazards do not flash at random times, also when I open the Ford Pro App randomly it will do the same Siren sounds and no hazards flash & no notifications for alarm going off on App

The if I open a door or the bonnet the alarm works as it should, the Siren sounds and the hazards flash and all appears to be working correctly

The day after delivery I had some aftermarket deadlocks etc fitted this also including a high level door switch to protect the top right of the side load door ( from being folded down in a theft attempt)
Also a PIR fitted in the load area on the bulkhead,

The dealership have had a look at the alarm while it was in to fix an AdBlue malfunction problem and replaced 2 wiring looms I believe and the AdBlue tank to fix this,

They found no problems with the Alarm but said that they would need the aftermarket parts fitted removed before further investigating I have had these parts disconnected/removed ( door switch and PIR)

Unfortunately I still have the problem,

Please could you give me any further information you have so I can give to the dealership as your Ford App developer says this is a known problem

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the vehicle alarm, which sometimes goes off while using the app, and that you’ve gone through quite an ordeal already without successfully getting rid of the problem.
I believe that we’re dealing with a known issue here. It happens when the app sends a request to the car, e.g. to collect data for the app. A component in the car misbehaves and it can accidentally cause the alarm to go off.
You mentioned that the alarm behaves differently in these cases and that there is no alarm warning on the app either, which are additional indicators for the known issue.
To get the issue fixed, there is a software update for the component that you can get at the dealer, so I will have to ask you to schedule another appointment there.
Sometimes dealers do not know about this problem – as appears to be the case for your dealer – so please let them know that this is the fix they need to install: FSA 21B23 - Transit Custom PHEV - Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm Issue
Even though it says "PHEV" it is also applicable for Diesel Transits with this issue.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any questions on the above, and it would be great if you could let me know if the issue is resolved after applying the fix.
Thanks and Best Regards

We’d love to learn more about your experiences using the FordPass Pro app. You can help us improve further by taking a 5-minute survey. Click Here

Miguel
FordPass Pro Team
chipper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions