*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Issue with Antilock Brake Fault

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Issue with Antilock Brake Fault

Postby Solumrozzy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:32 am

Started getting a random display 'Antilock Brake Fault' while driving which also disables all other systems (hill start, auto stop, etc) and lights my whole display up. Last time it happened the touchscreen also rebooted. We have the Qlift installed and larger tires but everything is brand new. The vehicle has less than 2k miles on it. I'm already regretting buying a brand new Ford, nice!

Local dealership has 1.5mo service time and I'm moving across the state so won't have a minute to get it into the dealership. Wondering if the car is ok to keep driving with several trips and a move coming up.
Solumrozzy

Re: Issue with Antilock Brake Fault

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:04 pm

Solumrozzy wrote:Started getting a random display 'Antilock Brake Fault' while driving which also disables all other systems (hill start, auto stop, etc) and lights my whole display up. Last time it happened the touchscreen also rebooted. We have the Qlift installed and larger tires but everything is brand new. The vehicle has less than 2k miles on it. I'm already regretting buying a brand new Ford, nice!

Local dealership has 1.5mo service time and I'm moving across the state so won't have a minute to get it into the dealership. Wondering if the car is ok to keep driving with several trips and a move coming up.

Larger tyres..?? are they fitted to "all" wheels or just the rear..?? If you've changed just the rear tyres for larger ones, you've answered your own question. All tyres "must" be the same rolling circumference or the ABS/TC system will have a hissyfit and disable all other related systems.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions