*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mobile mechanics

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mobile mechanics

Postby Chefgage » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:43 am

Bit of a long shot perhaps. Anyone know of a mobile mechanic that could come to my house to look at my van? Tried contacting someone but they have not got back to me.
For the Scunthorpe area.
Thanks.
Chefgage
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mobile mechanics

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:05 pm

Chefgage wrote:Bit of a long shot perhaps. Anyone know of a mobile mechanic that could come to my house to look at my van? Tried contacting someone but they have not got back to me.
For the Scunthorpe area.
Thanks.

What's your issue..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Chefgage » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:40 am

knobby1 wrote:
Chefgage wrote:Bit of a long shot perhaps. Anyone know of a mobile mechanic that could come to my house to look at my van? Tried contacting someone but they have not got back to me.
For the Scunthorpe area.
Thanks.

What's your issue..??

Lord Knobrot

Hi. Bit of a story!
First when going over 60mph for say 10 minutes the power train light would come on but no noticeable issues with it lit. Light would 'reset' when the ignition was turned off. Then the engine management light came on but again with no noticeable issues. At this point I was out of town taking the van to be sprayed. So decided to risk it and take the van. Picked it up about 6 weeks later and struggled to start it (seemed to be turning over but engine not starting). Also noticed door open light on dash with all doors shut. Got it started and drove home. On the way home then power train light kept coming on and off and it seemed to loose power/sort jump. Then cut outwhen stopped at some lights. Got it started but engine now quite rough with it sort of kangarooing. Then it just cut out altogether. Had to get it recovered at that point.

When trying to lock it the horn would sound due to it thinking one of the doors was open. Sliding door and back doors do lock though.

Checked yesterday and auxiliary battery (van has two batteries) was at 11.7v so charged it up and now door open light has cleared and all doors lock as normal.

Not checked if it will start since getting it recovered. Obviously auxiliary battery has not been charged whilst it has been away and with the doors being open and closed alot during the 6 weeks away it has drained the auxiliary battery.
Chefgage
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Chefgage » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:53 pm

Update. The door issue is back, so that is an intermittent fault it looks like. But that is the least of my worries. Need to find a wiring diagram for the door locks/ door adjar switches.

Also to learn how Mk7 transit diesel engines work!
Chefgage
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:46 pm

Chefgage wrote:Update. The door issue is back, so that is an intermittent fault it looks like. But that is the least of my worries. Need to find a wiring diagram for the door locks/ door adjar switches.

Also to learn how Mk7 transit diesel engines work!

Ok, we've finally determined it's a Mk7...but is it Euro-4 or Euro-5..??

What actual fault codes are you getting..?? This will go a long way to help in diagnosing your issues.

Doorlock/central locking issues are among the top few issues we see on here, most of the time it's poor batteries, poorly wiring, bad earths or faulty doorlock mechanisms. The youngest Mk7 is 10 years old now, so age related faults will just become more common.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions