*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Idle problems

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Idle problems

Postby jay bur » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi , ive been having these problems to, so im convinced its the pedal. or a sensor on the pedal. Do i need to buy the whole pedal assembely, at about 100 quid. ? And when i order it , do i just describe it as mk 6 transit accelorater pedal, or do i need to be more specific, Like model , or reg etc, Cheers
jay bur

Postby ake » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Yes, complete pedal assembly.
When you order give full details of you vehicle, I believe there are at least two different pedals
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby jay bur » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Cheers good buddy, also , the problem has only started over the last week or so, and only happens every so often.Should i just go for it and swap the pedal, or should i wait for the problem to progress just to be sure? Although it does seem to match up with what everyone else has said. :?:
jay bur

Postby ake » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 am

The pedal will get worse and worse and eventually it will cause the engine to go into limp mode when it will not respond to the pedal at all.

Change it sooner rather than later
ake
Site Moderator

Postby jay bur » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Cheers mate. Will do :D
jay bur

Postby SteveRSF » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Guys had similar too....... Van was ticking over taking to a mate for ten mins went to pull away noticed a lack of power then nothing....... I could put the pedal to the floor...... But engine was on tick over turned him off back on it was fine

Then last night was outside shop for two minutes got home a mile away and van was stuck on high revs on tickover turned him off again back on they were fine
This the peddle then?
Steve
SteveRSF

Postby ake » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:11 pm

SteveRSF wrote:Guys had similar too....... Van was ticking over taking to a mate for ten mins went to pull away noticed a lack of power then nothing....... I could put the pedal to the floor...... But engine was on tick over turned him off back on it was fine

Then last night was outside shop for two minutes got home a mile away and van was stuck on high revs on tickover turned him off again back on they were fine
This the peddle then?
Steve

Sounds like it to me
ake
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions