*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Immobiliser

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Immobiliser

Postby marksutton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi guys
OK I admit I've only read 11 of the 22 pages of 'immobiliser' posts but as I am losing the will to live, and the tranny is in grave danger from a sledge hammer wielding maniac (ie me), I have to make a new post..
Its R reg, non turbo, diesel, and the LED is doing the rapid flash thing with a code of 32 - RIM fault.

I couldnt find the mysterious little black wire that comes out of the back of the pump - mine has 3 wires: white/red, brown, black/violet, and I've tried putting 12V on to all permutations of those 3, and 12V to the starter solenoid - engine cranks but wont start.

The other posts talk about a black wire behind the metal plate on the back of the pump ( I assume thats the one with about 4 allen bolts, one star type, and lots of pipes so you cant turn your allen key even if you do manage to get it on the bolts, given that you're working from the back so you cant see either!!!!!!

Before I spend a day and a half swearing and cursing getting the bracket off, please can somebody tell me that I'm attacking the right piece of kit? it does NOT have a black wire coming out only white/red, brown, black/violet,

Very grateful for the advice, by the way, (and would be happy to pay for it if there was some kind of mechanism to allow that... food for thought perhaps)
thanks, Mark
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Immobiliser

Postby davek » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:51 pm

:oops:
Last edited by davek on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby triplecustard » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm

I wouldnt load pictures on here.
Its very easy to bypass immobiliser, but I dont think its wise discussing how on an open forum.
Tranny Tourneo Turbo
Tranny recovery truck
Dolomite Sprint
Speed Triple 1050
MR2 mk1
triplecustard
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby marksutton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:44 pm

aha..! cheers for that. I've got the plate loose, without undoing the fuel pipes, and only now realised that you cant get the plate off over the fuel pipe unions, so I've got to undo them anyway (was hoping not to have to bleed it you see)
anyway ta for that
Mark
PS in reply to Mr custard, it doesnt seem very easy to me! :( I dont think a career in Transit nicking waits for me - picture the scene, sneak up the blokes drive, with me Allen keys, mirror, spanners, socket set, portable generator to power my work light so I can see to bypass the blokes immobiliser... not to mention the hour to do it... plus Ive already dropped one allen key inside the engine, so I'd need to replace part of my tool kit every time i knicked one... :lol:
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby MrMPuk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:46 pm

marksutton wrote:plus Ive already dropped one allen key inside the engine, so I'd need to replace part of my tool kit every time i knicked one... :lol:

and the engine if you run it with that inside it.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby marksutton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:53 pm

well ok then, down the side of the engine, you know what I mean :)
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby marksutton » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:57 pm

well, got the little black box RIM thingy loose, complete with its 1 inch long little black wire which I now have to put 12V on. Had to stop play for bad light, but I'll carry on with my 'theft' tomorrow and let you know how I get on. So just got to connect up that 12V, reconnect the fuel unions, bleed it, try and find that Allen key, put the bolts back in, and then I can make my getaway yee ha! wonder how much I'll get for a stolen R reg tranny with slightly dodgy wiring.. should be 50 or 60 quid I reckon. Not bad for an evenings work (well, OK.. two days I suppose) :wink:
Mark
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Immobiliser-result!

Postby marksutton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks guys - up & running again. Brilliant!
I must admit, whilst I understand where you're all coming from with the cloak and dagger "better not publish it" stuff, Ford have done a very good job of making it a pain in the arse to get around, and you'd save yourselves lots of time & effort answering the same posts over and over again, if you just posted the procedure. Hardened transit stealers will almost certainly know how to do it already, (possibly an easier way), and there's no way an opportunist is going to spend two hours under the bonnet with all the gear, disconnecting fuel lines, and unscrewing several bolts that you can't even see, linking out relays inside the dashboard, bleeding, cranking... etc... I just cant see it.
On the other hand, it seems there is a steady stream of innocent owners, whose anti-thief device has decided to become an anti-owner device who would be eternally endebtted, like me! :)
Anyway, thanks again, Mark
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby davek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Good to hear you've sorted it - i've always found the older factory fitted stuff and aftermarket is not about what it does it's about how and where it's fitted - if you've got time you can get round them - think there was a time (1 hour) to make it cat 1 system
davek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

MOT garage Walsall area?

Postby marksutton » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:25 pm

hey Dave (or anybody else, I guess)
can anybody recommend an MOT place (for my Tranny) in Cannock, Bloxwich, Wolv, Walsall area? pref one that wouldnt mind if I dropped it off with them, but couldnt collect it back for a week or two if it needed any work doing.. ("IF it needs any" who am I trying to kid :lol: ) I could even consider Darkest Dudley! :D
thanks, Mark
marksutton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby davek » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:47 pm

I've got a class 7 so limited where i can take it, it's a bit far out your way but i use DRL in station road old hill and wait for it while it's done.
davek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Technical Problems & Questions