The 6 wheeler charity project now has an MOT - get involved with the final build at Manchester


THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby hotdog1 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:35 pm

has anyone had the same probs as me with the throttle pedal on transit connect 03,as i have had 3 in the last 3years (1 a year)at cost of £68 a time,is this a common problem if not where can i complain to cheers :x
hotdog1
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 am

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby MrMPuk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Yep, take a look in the connect section, you're not the first.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27915
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby cruising comet » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 am

I'm also surprised at how common this is, just had mine replaced, driving along and lost all power, switched off engine & restarted but could not rev the engine or move, the AA man said it was the throttle pedal but Busseys Ford said they didn't know until they put it on the diagnostics computer at a cost of around £60 + vat! I said cant you just fit a new pedal? to which they said "It could be anything sir" anyway it turned out to be the throttle pedal, the final bill came out at around £190 but at least it works again, Ford obviously use the diagnostics computer to rake in extra money, if it happens again I will insist on them just fitting a new pedal at £59! :roll:
Ford Transit Connect 1.8 T200 SWB (2003)
User avatar
cruising comet
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby courtneyhart14 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:46 pm

where can you get this throttle for £59?
courtneyhart14
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby spooky » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:06 pm

They were old posts, mine has started doing it, they are now about £115.00 on Fleabay unless someone knows different ?
User avatar
spooky
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:43 am

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby squirrel93 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 pm

spooky wrote:They were old posts, mine has started doing it, they are now about £115.00 on Fleabay unless someone knows different ?

Scrappys?
User avatar
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 pm
Location: Livingston

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby tez » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 am

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT ACCELERATOR THROTTLE PEDAL 7T11-9F836-DD

£ 35.00 - SOLD (fixed price)
Ended Fri Jan 15th  8:39pm BST
Seller: dayspares2009
tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 pm
Location: north east

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby lightning » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:54 am

cruising comet wrote:I'm also surprised at how common this is, just had mine replaced, driving along and lost all power, switched off engine & restarted but could not rev the engine or move, the AA man said it was the throttle pedal but Busseys Ford said they didn't know until they put it on the diagnostics computer at a cost of around £60 + vat! I said cant you just fit a new pedal? to which they said "It could be anything sir" anyway it turned out to be the throttle pedal, the final bill came out at around £190 but at least it works again, Ford obviously use the diagnostics computer to rake in extra money, if it happens again I will insist on them just fitting a new pedal at £59! :roll:


What happened to the garage trying a new pedal to see if it fixed the fault? They must know about the fault with the throttle pedal on these vans.
Mine had three in 80,000 miles at over £100 each.

Although it is tempting, l wouldn't fit a used one. As it is such a common fault, who knows how long it will last?
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 am

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby axxeman » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 am

lightning wrote:
cruising comet wrote:I'm also surprised at how common this is, just had mine replaced, driving along and lost all power, switched off engine & restarted but could not rev the engine or move, the AA man said it was the throttle pedal but Busseys Ford said they didn't know until they put it on the diagnostics computer at a cost of around £60 + vat! I said cant you just fit a new pedal? to which they said "It could be anything sir" anyway it turned out to be the throttle pedal, the final bill came out at around £190 but at least it works again, Ford obviously use the diagnostics computer to rake in extra money, if it happens again I will insist on them just fitting a new pedal at £59! :roll:


What happened to the garage trying a new pedal to see if it fixed the fault? They must know about the fault with the throttle pedal on these vans.
Mine had three in 80,000 miles at over £100 each.

Although it is tempting, l wouldn't fit a used one. As it is such a common fault, who knows how long it will last?


Mine wouldn't do that until they had plugged in the diagnostics, because the pedal gets market when you bolt it down and then they can't return it. However, my local boys charged NOTHING for the diag - normally they'll do it for a tenner. Just paid for the pedal and he fitted it there and then for a fiver (saved me the hassle). Pedal was 6 months ago and approx £112 + the dreaded VAT.
axxeman
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby lightning » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Why would they want to send the pedal back if the fault was not cured? Just fit it to the next Connect. My dealer says they sell around ten every month.
However they could just bolt it down finger tight until certain it's cured the fault.
And at 100% markup to the retail customer that's a nice little earner for Ford.
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 am

Re: THROTTLE PEDAL TRANSIT CONNECT

Postby paul2012 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:11 pm

tez wrote:

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT ACCELERATOR THROTTLE PEDAL 7T11-9F836-DD

£ 35.00 - SOLD (fixed price)
Ended Fri Jan 15th  8:39pm BST
Seller: dayspares2009


That one is for 2006-2013 Connects

This one below. Is for 2003-2006 Connects :wink:

Genuine Ford Transit Connect 1.8L Diesel Accelerator Pedal 2002-2006. New


2003 Transit mk6 T280 100ps - Current Project 125ps TDCI conversion

2015 Vauxhall Astra Tech Line GT 2.0 CDTI 165ps

Ford IDS diag Speed limiter updates Fuel pump/Key coding services


Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEIqO ... 3qiAsAq_8w
User avatar
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6113
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Nr Wretton, Norfolk


Return to Transit Connect



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users