*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lucas Epic Injector Pump

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: FUEL PUMP

Postby AndyG » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 pm

zien49 wrote:Hi AL
I have not forgotten about the epic fuel pump info, I have wait until the man gets back to me. DEREK
No prob. We're sitting tight and fingers crossed :!: :D :D :D :wink:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby bogdoff2france » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 am

Ive got a transit with a similar problem. The pump came back from the garagist in a box in bits after they wanted €2000 plus to fix.

After trying to source another pump unsuccessfully, I have bought a complete lump with manual pump etc for €200 and will be ditching the electronics. I have been advised by a(more trusted) garagist that it is better to change the whole unit rather than just the pump as the epic turbo engine has some differences. Apparently they have a tendancy to run poorly and smoke(what colour I dont know) when i different pump is attached.

Anyone with more experience of this please advise as the epic engine has bearly done 100k and it seems a shame to consign it to the rear of the shed indeffinately. I would prefer to just change the pump anyway as lifting a transit engine does nothing for the hernia.
Less fragile than the french, but flippin slow.
98 Transit 100L
bogdoff2france
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:09 pm

the engine itself is almost identical :wink: so cant see it being a problem :? :? :? oh and if you had of said i can get epic pumps at my scrappy for £100 :D
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Fuel Pump

Postby zien49 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi, All

Sorry but I am unable to get any info, on injection pumps, but will keep it in mind when on my travels. DEREK
zien49
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jay » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:11 pm

bogdoff2france wrote::::Apparently they have a tendancy to run poorly and smoke(what colour I dont know) when i different pump is attached.

yeah right none of mine do.but then i have got a manual pump on them.only smoke i get is a puff of black when under hard acceleration and when changing gear..they might if u put a non turbo epic pump on them..
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AndyG » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:55 am

bogdoff2france wrote:Ive got a transit with a similar problem. The pump came back from the garagist in a box in bits after they wanted €2000 plus to fix.

After trying to source another pump unsuccessfully, I have bought a complete lump with manual pump etc for €200 and will be ditching the electronics. I have been advised by a(more trusted) garagist that it is better to change the whole unit rather than just the pump as the epic turbo engine has some differences. Apparently they have a tendancy to run poorly and smoke(what colour I dont know) when i different pump is attached.

Anyone with more experience of this please advise as the epic engine has bearly done 100k and it seems a shame to consign it to the rear of the shed indeffinately. I would prefer to just change the pump anyway as lifting a transit engine does nothing for the hernia.

You will be fine with a Bosch pump on condition that you advance the timing slightly in so much as you move the pump to the end of it's adjustable slots :!: :D
If you don't, it will be underpowered and will smoke :!: :( as the timing is set slightly differently between the two pumps :idea:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby AndyG » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:10 am

I have just recieved no less than 4 pages of an exploded view of a Lucas EPIC Pump :!: :D Courtesy of Pat @ fordtransit nz
A BIG BIG THANK YOU PAT :!: :D :D :D

Now, I can do piccies, but I need to learn how to transfer the diagrams :!:

Any help :?:

AndyG
Site Admin

Postby gemini » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:13 am

THEDREADFULEPICPUMP, good name :lol:
Transit Mk5 Guilt Edged Glamorous & Sleek By Design
gemini
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AndyG » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:15 am

Nah :!:
Dreadfuelepicpump :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby gemini » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 am

Andyg wrote:Nah :!:
Dreadfuelepicpump :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

no you spelt it

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j308/ ... ICPUMP.jpg
gemini
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AndyG » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:29 am

:shock: Didn't realize the 'name' gets carried with pic. :oops: (invisible :? )
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby gemini » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:41 am

Andyg wrote::shock: Didn't realize the 'name' gets carried with pic. :oops: (invisible :? )

oh yes!
Image :lol:
gemini
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions