*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford Transit Mk1 and 2 Owners Club

Look here to find all the latest news and talk about the Transit Van Club!!!

Moderator: Luke

Postby madmark » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:45 pm

guys i think you will find most clubs are the same, but with the transit club a transit is a transit no matter wether its mint or rusty as hell ,
it is good to see working vehicles as well as show motors ,take freds vehicles you got to hand it her keeping them old vans working must be hard ,but they work everyday! :shock:
i was in a car club and we all had the same car and even then people still manadged to outdo others with difrent parts and more power etc, with vans there is no 2 the same! so its sorta difrent,you take the ford event at southampton it didnt matter what you had as long as it was a transit! :D
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ovlov » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:03 pm

:shock: Know what you mean Mark, Ive joined the transitclub, And if I ever get some spare time I intend to do up my MK1 pick up to look like a well maintained working vehicle cos thats the way Iike em :D :D
I want to live forever so far so good
ovlov
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby madmark » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:12 pm

did you ever get the pick up running with the di in ?????? :D
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

on my soap box

Postby petervanlee » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 pm

The benefits of being in the Transitvanclub are well worth £10 a year. I intend to make sure of that. The items given to members this year alone by FORD will make it worth while. (attend the meetings and see) thats without the 6 news letters and events and deals I am working on. If people do not want to join that is up to them. I look on it as there loss. I think it is much better that they stay away if they only have negative things to say. I normally do not comment on this sort of thing but it is the Transitvanclub part of the forum so I have to speak up. It is my intention to make this club one of the best around and working for people with positive attitudes makes it worth while. Negative attitudes bring nothing but problems to anything they are involved with. Next year we will see. Stay happy and smile it’s nearly Christmas... Peter Lee (Transitvanclub)
I just Love Transits
petervanlee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:22 pm

Here here Peter, to be honest I have met you a few times now, but from what I have seen so far I can say that this owners club is here to stay! For those of you that don't konw Peter he has been very involved with the NSVA for a long time. I must say without him it maynot be where it is now, after seeing him in action at Billing!

This is the club of all clubs and like Peter says if you're not init you are the one missing out!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby madmark » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:12 am

:D i have known pete many years and he can run a club thats for shure! :D :D
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ovlov » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:05 pm

:oops: Sorry Pete wasnt taking a swipe the transit club its just the attitude of some car club members that we have met over the years at shows that has annoyed me.This came to a head a couple of years ago.
My mates son Gary was given a Ford Anglia van by his grandad, Grandad had owned the van from new using it for his plumbing buisness, sadly he died not long after. Gary only 14 at the time decide to do the van up to its original spec when his grandad bought it,The lad worked his socks off for about 18 months wanting to do everything himself. Every bit of it was cleaned polished hamerited etc the only bits that he couldnt get were a pair of steel front wings or ones that he could afford.he was eventualy given a pair of fibreglass ones,once fitted/painted they didnt look too bad.The van was taken to a local steam show and got plenty of positive comments. Until 3 members of the MG owners club looked at it, one comment was OH FIBERGLASS WINGS WHAT A MESS I WOULDNT HAVE BOTHERED this comment was echoed by the other two along with a few more comments, No aprreciation that all the work had been done by a 14 year old, It was just slag,slag,slag :x They got a bit upset when me and my mate turned on them. :lol: The ironic thing about it was that the guy making the comments had a MG roadster built a year previously using a brand new bodyshell new parts etc costing over 12 grand, Garys van cost him £300 Now is the Mg a restored/rebuilt or a new car Its this attitude that really gets to me :? :?
I want to live forever so far so good
ovlov
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transit Van Club