*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford the love of Cars

Look here to find all the latest news and talk about the Transit Van Club!!!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Ford the love of Cars

Postby Loyalheart13 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 pm

What channel is it on?
Loyalheart13
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby petervanlee » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Chanel 4 Each episode will be repeated on Channel 4 + 1 and then available on 4OD.
I just Love Transits
petervanlee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Tue May 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Just watched it on youtube (we won't get in on TV for a while here) First off, great programme to celebrate and draw some attention to our beloved vans. I fast fwded through the "filler" about London black cabs and tanks etc. There was plenty of resto work going on in the background that would have been more interesting to me that all of that - the director/producers of this programme do this quite a bit, annoying..... Continuity was average, lots of footage of the van at the end pre auction, missing grille badges, next bit has them fitted, then without etc.

Question: - shouldn't the 1970 Mk1 have the early split indicators and different grille (8 bars instead of 9?) And what is the deal, I thought these guys bought the cars, did the resto then sold them? But it was presented as if the proceeds of auction were going to the previous owner?

And rather disappointed at the selling price, the resto work alone surely would have cost that much, or more? I think the purchaser got a very good deal there. Old VW Kombi's are getting silly money here in NZ now, and although the Mk1 and Mk2 Transits are MUCH rarer over here than a Kombi, you can still pick them up for cheap. I don't get it. Anyone who has driven both vans knows which is the better one, and I much prefer the look of an old Transit to a Kombi. Perhaps I (we) are a bit different to everyone else?

Conrad

Read more: http://mk1mk2transit.freeforums.net/thr ... z3bHgyCLKU
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transit Van Club