*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Vantuner.com - Engine Tuning - Middlesex

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

Vantuner.com - Engine Tuning - Middlesex

Postby Luke » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Company - Vantuner
Website - http://fordtransit.org/ad/redirect/29/
Area - Uxbridge, Middlesex
Phone number - 07956 555 666 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              07956 555 666      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Services Provided - Vantuner is based in Uxbridge, Middlesex and offers a mobile van tuning service in much of the south & south east. The initial diagnostic work, road testing and remap take about half a day. Vantuner is run by martynx contact Martin for more info on all the tuning options you can have done to your Transit or visit his website.
Luke
Site Admin

Had my mk6 remapped (chipped) from martinx (vantuner)

Postby Gurj51ngh » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 pm

Finally after all those talks about getting my van tuned, I went down last Sunday to see martin and get my van remapped. All I want to say is that if anyone reading this wants a remap specially designed and figured out to suit your van, martin has got to be the man. It took about 5 maps and about two hours (me slowing him down) and the results are so far a perfect map!!

I aint doing this to advertise his business, but as I have heard lost of story’s about remaps going wrong from other people I thought I would just recommend martin. He didn’t rush the remap and he didn’t give up until he was happy. I was happy with the 1st map but according to martin there was a lot more work then that, that’s why it took 5 maps.

He also a very good geeza in general for free advise about performance mods and just a general chat.

Started of with a mk6 75ps lwb h/t :oops:
Fitted a intercooler
Fitted an induction kit
Removed both back boxes and fitted a side exit exhaust.

Results a pleasure plodding about town in 2nd and an absolute joy booting it about in 3rd and 4th see my big smile>>>> :D :D

Next remove cat
Fit a bonnet vent for air intake.

Construction, Bespoke Joinery & AV fit out services.
Gurj51ngh
Forums Loudest Van!

re-mapping mk7 130 ps

Postby Tdci_boy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Martynx did mine a few months ago, yet to put it on a rolling road, but I'm sure I'll get round to it. I asked for better fuel economy but didn't want to loose any torque, I gained lots of torque (nothing beats me on hills) my fuel meter reads 40.9mpg at the end of a tank full of fuel, started at 33 - 35. my van is a 130t280 glx, running fully laden all the time & I never turn the aircon off :D :D . I can thoroughly recomend Martinx. send him a pm he always responds
Transit Custom Limited H1 L2 DCIV, now converted to van by removing the seats etc so now twin side loading doors, fully kitted out with Sortimo racking, always loaded to capacity & averages 35mpg :D
Tdci_boy
GLX Posse

Re: re-mapping mk7 130 ps

Postby sportacus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:20 pm

i had my sportvan remapped and it put down 132 @ wheels :D circa 166 ish @flywheel it made it go very well, i dont know what it did to mpg as i dont watch that it was done by a well known tuner
i have since had my VW transporter remapped by Martynx to apporx 205 and its fab, martynx is very helpful and knowageable and i will only use him/reccomend him in future
115T280 sea grey limited
iv'e now killed 2 mk7 engines and a mk6, is that a record ?
sportacus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

vantuner

Postby Guy88 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:40 pm

I seriously recomend him :wink:

Did mine at the north weald meet whilst i was wandering around, come back, all diagnostics done, remapped and ready to drive again, van now flies
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

remap

Postby super-spark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Been to see Martyn ( Vantuner.com ) today, and OMG, it is like driving a different van.
It has put a big smile back on my face :D :D :D

He also got rid of the speed limiter for me and on the 'private road' on the way home logged 111mph on the GPS SATNAV, where before it would not go passed 96mph.
Also on the way there the MPG was 26.6mpg as per normal, on the way back it was 35.8mpg.

I will now add myself to the long list of VERY satisfied customers of Vantuner.

Keep up the good work mate, thank you :D

Vince
Last edited by super-spark on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
280 140 LIMITED+EXTRA TOYS MWB Med Roof, Mapped
I love my trannie and she don't answer back

super-spark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: remap

Postby martynx » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Thats a lovely write up Vince , thanks Man, much appreciated.. let me know how it settles in.

Martyn.. :D

super-spark wrote:Been to see Martin ( Vantuner.com ) today, and OMG, it is like driving a different van.
It has put a big smile back on my face :D :D :D

He also got rid of the speed limiter for me and on the 'private road' on the way home logged 111mph on the GPS SATNAV, where before it would not go passed 96mph.
Also on the way there the MPG was 26.6mpg as per normal, on the way back it was 35.8mpg.

I will now add myself to the long list of VERY satisfied customers of Vantuner.

Keep up the good work mate, thank you :D

Vince

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: remap

Postby pipestrangler » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi i bought the i map and received maps from martin, curently running on the mild one which has made the van much faster just running a full tank of diesel through to check MPG properly rather than using the on board computer, overall the van is running sweeter before i map i had eratic tickover even though just had new EGR valve fitted, now its sweet so i am very pleased and if it has to go in for warranty work i can just simply re map back to the original configuration so they will never know! :lol:

I will be trying the stronger i map next week so will see how that one goes but so far i am very very happy :D :D :D

So for the guys who live too far away from martin as i do the i map is brilliant, thanks Martin job well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2007 Ford Transit GLX Finished In Tonic T260 110 SWB
Fully Re mapped by Vantuner!!!
2006 Mercedes Benz E Class Sport
2003 Landrover Discovery ES TD5
pipestrangler
GLX Posse

The VanTuner...

Postby Kidman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:35 am

Yep another post for the man known as vantuner aka Martyn... When i joined this forum his name was mentioned alot, and although the prospect of a remap on my Transit was tempting, i had a number of issues that needed sorting first (detailed on another thread)

Anyway, i asked Martyn for his help and advice, and did some intense diagnostics for me which helped pin-point the issue which was a corroded wire, without his help and expertise i would have found it very difficult to track the problem down, this was my first experience with him and it takes alot for me to trust anyone with my vehicles, i've always down my own work....

Moving along, and once my wire was fixed, i could finally enjoy a van that would start first time and perform as i would expect an 85PS Van loaded with my kit to go - Ok and perfectly acceptable, but a bit flat and underpowered in some circumstances. After a month of it being sorted, It was now time for some improvement...

I'm right in the middle of moving house at the moment, and luckily work has been extremely busy, but as a result i have very little time and once i move further away it would be even harder to get the van tweaked. It didnt take much to convince Martyn to do one of his famous 'evening' remaps after work...

He started around 7pm and took my van for a drive to make sure my brake pads were bedded in :wink: My van had a 70 speed limiter on which according to Ford software, was not actually active :shock: We confirmed that it was indeed working, and it was activated and deactivated, this worked... and for the first time in 5 years my van would go 71mph :twisted:

Once back from that drive, Martyn was still busy tweaking the new map for my van. I chose a Power Tune, because it offered more power over 3k compared to the Eco Tune, but still offers improved mpg over the standard map.

All uploaded again onto my ECU and we went for a spin :o Bloody sorted! Now a Transit Van will never be a sports car but acceleration can now be described as swift, and massively improved in gear acceleration times. It is quite simply a different van, yet its slightly quieter too! Martyn reckoned its one of the best he has done 8)

I will be recommending Martyn to all my friends, he offers a very professional service for an unbeatable price. You will not find anywhere that will go to the length that he does to ensure that not only the customer is happy, but he is happy, a perfectionist and a decent bloke all round... Thanks Martyn!

Gareth
Kidman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Vantuner.com - Engine Turning - Middlesex

Postby SLIPPY » Thu May 28, 2009 1:59 am

Highly Highly Delighted , My van is amazing now..... Surley the fastest van in the borders now :)

Thanks Martyn

Slippy...
SLIPPY
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Postby Scotty86 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:15 am

Had the mk6 done at Slippys meet. Was a 100ps, now its 122ps. Love it, much faster van - feels like a brand new van and the fuel lasts longer too.
Scotty86
GLX Posse

Postby cheggs » Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm

got 130 sportvan tittyvated at slippys ftf scottish weekender and im well happy with the results. its smoother ,more responsive and the mid range torque is somethin else. Does any one know where i can get a 160ish- t260 badge from????. cheers martin
cheggs
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Postby Scotty86 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm

there aint any mate, 140T260 or 200T280, i've been wanting a 100T260 one for the mk6 but apparently you don't get them.
Scotty86
GLX Posse

Postby martynx » Sat May 30, 2009 1:04 pm

We need an ace graphics company to make up some stickers to go over thee badges.. done well it would look good ....

i could give them out with every remap !!
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Dougie Sport » Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Got my van remaped at slippys by Martyn the van now goes as it looks very big thanks to Martyn for doing it
Dougie Sport
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!

Next

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings