*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

In-Transit Garage Services - Garage - Glasgow *FTF Discount*

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

In transit services, Glasgow

Postby mobypaterson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 am

Recently my '53 plate ex-RAC van started losing power at just below 3000rpm. I asked a local garage to change the fuel filter, check the EGR stuff, the turbo actuator rod and if those made no difference to stick it on their diagnostic machine and figure out why.
They changed the filter and told me that they'd checked the stuff I'd asked them to... which turned out to be "not true!"

Dan T on the forum runs In Transit Services in Strathaven near Glasgow and checked all the things he thought it might be before settling on the turbo actuator rod. A few glancing blows with a lump hammer and it was all fixed and in the process of fixing it noticed a few other things that needed attention and sorted them too.

All in all a great service and I can't recommend him highly enough!

http://www.in-transit-services.co.uk/
mobypaterson
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: In-Transit Garage Services - Garage - Glasgow *FTF Disco

Postby saltire_pride » Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Got the van back yesterday and Dan has worked his magic!

Great service and Highly recommended.!!!

Wullie!
saltire_pride
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Xpertgas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Just a note to say cheers dan for all the work today full service brakes and bushes prv pcmupdate limiter removed remap done good job done im happy wasnt a hard man to pay would reccomend him to anyone
Xpertgas

Postby Rosko » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi folks...went up to see Dan on sat with a gearbox niggle.
After taking the selector turret off in what seemed like 2 secs, discovered there was a small plastic block missing.
He stripped the turret down on the bench, gave everything the once over and put it back together along with the missing block.

Happy days, problem solved, gear selection a lot smoother and not jumping out of first(so far).

All in all, Dan's a decent guy and knows his stuff. I would happily recommend his services.

Cheers Dan, job well done.....
Rosko
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby warwick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi

I've had Dan service/fix/upgrade my van since 2010, and in all that time there's never been an occasion when something was too much trouble, or wandered far from original quotes of either time or cost.

I can't recommend him highly enough - and it's an 80-mile round trip for me to get to his workshop.

W
warwick
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings