*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Truck Busters - Commercial Breakers - Rugby

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

Truck Busters - Commercial Breakers - Rugby

Postby Luke » Sun May 21, 2006 2:30 pm

Company - Truck Busters
Website - http://www.truck-busters.co.uk
Area - Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1HF
Phone number - +44 (0)1788 573200
Services Provided - Truck Busters offer a complete range of reclaimed spare parts for trucks, vans, lorries and other commercial vehicles which of course includes Transits.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby steddy_eddy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:13 am

I've had dealings with this guy.

I wanted to buy part worn tyres and gave him 8 wheels with bald tyres on, he promised good branded part worn with plenty of life. He said to come back next day.

When I went back he had not actually changed any tyres but had just swapped my wheels for 8 wheels off scrap vans with slightly better tyres on, all budget makes and some of them didn't have 1000 miles in them. A tad annoyed but fair enough they were cheap, except my wheels all had 195's on, the ones he was giving me were a combination of 195's and 185's. I told him this and he just flatly denied there was any difference, even while standing looking at the numbers on the tyres.

Anyway I ended up paying for 6 out of the 8 and felt royally shafted. I had no option thiugh, he had my wheels and I wasn't getting them back unless I paid up.

All in all we ended up telling each other to f**k off. He told me never to come back, I told him I wouldn't ever be coming back. I get new tyres now.
steddy_eddy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ROCKERBOOTS » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I phoned up this place about a heater blower motor for an early mk2 transit only a couple of days ago & ok the guy said he had one in stock but he wanted £50 + vat + £10 p&p, granted some of these items are getting a bit harder to find & i`m by no means tight with the old wonga but for this money i want it gold plated. What do you think? Do i expect too much, you tell me.

Andy :?
ROCKERBOOTS

Postby AndyG » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Sounds a lot to me too :shock:

And judging by the previous post, you'll end up with a fan that won't fit :shock: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(no difference between 185 and 195 when the number is clearly visible on the side of the tyre :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: )

You'll probably end up with a fan off of some Ducato/Relay "It's a Transit fan mate" :roll: " They're all Transits in here" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Re: Truck Busters - Commercial Breakers - Rugby

Postby tranzite » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Yep this bloke is hard to make friends with, will not barter, is possibly expensive, will the put the price up when u turn up after your phone enquiry, and will himself happily admit he's not a nice guy. He might say he hasn't got something, but if you go look you may find it, standard with scrappies? But he has alot of transits and parts. I guess alot of them don't go anywhere cos of his dermination to get what he wants. But he probably has what you're looking for. Theres 5 sitting there right now, plus extra engines etc. Card payments will be vat on top of quote.
tranzite
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings