*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Parts.co.uk - Transit Spares - UK based

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

Transit Parts.co.uk - Transit Spares - UK based

Postby Luke » Sun May 21, 2006 9:56 pm

Company - Transit Parts.co.uk
Website - http://www.transitparts.co.uk
Area - London N11 2UD
Phone number - 020 8368 4587
Services Provided - Brand New Transit Parts
Last edited by Luke on Mon May 28, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Postby motorwise » Sun May 21, 2006 10:53 pm

they are very helpful and they've got tons of brand new mk6 stuff - highly recommended :D
Ford Transit - Backbone Of Britain
http://www.motorwise.net
if you want to get on in life, its not what you know, its not who you know, its what you know about who you know
motorwise
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MrMPuk » Sun May 21, 2006 11:01 pm

I've only had one dealing with them and that was a bad one, it might be a one off but here's the story.

I purchased a new back bumper off him, it turned up just wrapped in 1 thin layer of bubble wrap and was scratched to buggery. I rang him and he said send some pictures, so send some pictures I did. He aggreed to replace it. So I spent about half an hour wrapping it for it's return journey, bubble wrap and cardboard the lot. The new one arrived and was wrapped in exaclty the same way (1 thin layer of bubble wrap) and again scratched to buggery and this time he refused to replace it saying it's only a van!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 am

bought quite a few parts off him they seem to be good so far 8) very cheap too!! and mike i know why your bumper was scratched when i last went there he just chucked them in the corner and people were walking over them to get to things :shock: :evil:
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Postby AndyS » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:56 pm

I bought a front Mk6 bumper and that came in a platic bag (Ford one) but no other protection. The right side quarter had a dig in it, but as I was having it painted and had sold the van I didn't worry about it.
AndyS
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RicMk6 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:10 pm

I am having a nightmare with these guys ordered and paid for a set of MK6 Front Fogs and the switch to suit wanted the switch without headlight adjust but with panel dimmer paid 30/june and waited for tracking number...... waiting waiting sent a couple of emails no reply finally11/07 get a reply we have two switches to my spec in stock " both broken" can send switch with Headlight adjust but no panel dimmer, Ok send that but charge me the 10 quid less price you originally quoted for no dimmer, last tuesday I rang to be told goods left yesterday( Monday) great I say can I have the tracking number sent emails all last week no tracking number have been calling today and "john" hasn't been at work, fair enough, can anybody tell me whats going on? my parcel which I was told left last monday hasn't arrived can I have the tracking number.
" Oh your parcel hasn't left yet you need to pay 58 quid freight"
but you quoted me 19.95 why didn't you contact me?or reply to my emails
then I look up Royal Mail and the freight for 2kg to Australia is 23 quid
he has 19.95 which he charged for freight plus the 10 quid refund on the switch I haven't lost my block yet but geez I'm getting close. worst part is I want the bloody lights and the right switch with the dimmer but what can you do 12000 miles away

Up date:: Just spoke to John who assures me the goods have been sent but he will have to email me the tracking number tomorrow heard this story last week but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow
if it Floats, Flys,or Fornicates its cheaper to rent it
RicMk6

Postby VJ 6 Aus » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 am

I think this peanut has got me, He swears blind goods have been sent Royal Mail more than 10 days ago yet can't provide a tracking number and they haven't arrived this end, anyone got a baseball bat and want to go halves in the result :twisted:
VJ 6 Aus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MrMPuk » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:47 am

10 days to Aus! I've had to wait 2 months for stuff from Hong Kong!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RicMk6 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:11 am

MrMPuk wrote:10 days to Aus! I've had to wait 2 months for stuff from Hong Kong!

Yes amazing isn't it freight UK to Aus is really quick surprising actually
if it Floats, Flys,or Fornicates its cheaper to rent it
RicMk6

Postby VJ 6 Aus » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:13 am

Well finally got a tracking number, surprise surprise the parcel was only sent on Tuesday this week be interesting to see what turns up, what a Twat!!!
VJ 6 Aus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby VJ 6 Aus » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:53 am

Well the Fogs and switch turned up today all in gen Ford boxes with gen ford stickers, so what can I say apart from the lies about when the parcel was shipped it all appears good at this stage havn't fitted or tested them yet tho
VJ 6 Aus
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby rover » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Well I took the plunge and ordered a heater resistor from them 5 weeks ago, after two weeks I gets a note through the door from royal mail saying I had a parcel at the sorting office, so two days later (you have to leave it 48hrs) I picks up this parcel all expectant of getting speeds 1 and 2 from my heater at last :D But as soon as the guy gave me the thing I thought it was a bit on the heavy side :!: and what have the twats sent me??? A bleeding heater controll valve for a Puma/Fiesta etc etc :roll: Bleedin idiots then took another two weeks to respond to my emails and asked me to post it back and they will refund the postage and send me what I asked for......we'll see :? :?

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby chadmat » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:09 am

I bought a door mirror off them through ebay, arrived 3 days later,
double wrapped in bubblewrap and in a box.
No problems with me.
Well you live and learn.
In a MK6 280 SWB semi hi!!!!
There you go! At last!
chadmat
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:43 pm

I just bought 2 strut top bushes 2 engine mount bushes and an indicator stalk, arrived quickly, all parts correct, quick email communication and good price :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby planet1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:21 am

sounds like buying through EBay is the way to go. i was going to order a ignition assembly direct but think will go through ebay, at least you can comment on his service. i have the same problem living on the other end of the planet.
On the shipping side, i have had spares from China here in 2 days although the States takes about 5. If its taking 2 months from HK then its gone LCL not courier.
planet1
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings