*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Parts.co.uk - Transit Spares - UK based

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

Postby davepapers » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:28 pm

i bought a replacement heated mirror from this guy for my transit through ebay, the prongs are too big and was told by him to open them up, so i thought i will use mirrow without heater, guess what, mirror will not fit. :evil:
my van drives better than a car
davepapers
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby toriitom » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:07 pm

I bought a Timing belt, Belt cover and a set of Pushrods from John.

Goods were a bit slow at coming and when parcel arrived there was one push rod short; looks like it could have fallen out in Transit (excuse the pun). I e-mailed John and he sent out a new push rod a few days later.

So altogether not a bad experience, I would say a 9/10 for Transitparts. :)
toriitom
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby VanBooter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:02 pm

I think the answer is always buy through ebay and always if poss use paypalsucks.
I bought a flywheel and clutch off him and saved over £300, it arrived next day and they were ford genuine parts.
VanBooter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jamieo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 pm

I have ordered quite a few things from Transit parts on seperate occasions via ebay and their service has been excellent. 10/10 :D
Blue 1998 Ford transit 2.5di 70ps 120 swb low roof Mk5 with 5 seats. 1.5 turns on pump, egr butterfly removed and a stainless steel Urban X funnel air filter fitted. Now happily burning SVO.
jamieo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Transit Parts.co.uk - Transit Spares - UK based

Postby birdy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Bought quite a few items at different times from these guys always first rate .Heater resistor packed up after a few weeks so i got on phone got new one a couple of days later .got a few things in one order including water pump and ball joints during transit pump gasket got damaged so on the phone i got a couple of days later you got it new gasket arrived in post ."These guys are good "
birdy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transitrust » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 am

i got a cam belt kit offhim that never turned up he says he sent it then he asked me for my adderss then says i gave him the wrong address. never got part or money back wont use him.But first time i used him i got some pedal covers they turnd up ok thats why i used him for cam belt kit.
transitrust
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby birdy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Sorry to hear of your'e experience i have used them quite a few times now and had good service.
birdy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MrMPuk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:11 pm

transitrust wrote:i got a cam belt kit offhim that never turned up he says he sent it then he asked me for my adderss then says i gave him the wrong address. never got part or money back wont use him.But first time i used him i got some pedal covers they turnd up ok thats why i used him for cam belt kit.

Cambelt kits are the old style which shouldn't used so probably a bonus anyway.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby chris a » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Just got a new clutch and engine mountings off them for my92 lwb and everything went very well .Prices were A1 and the delivery was very reasonable too allthough the french courriers cocked up big time and lost 3 days but that's another story.I'll use transit parts again ...
chris a

Postby Blue van man » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:13 am

I bought a wheel bearing from them and they had great communication with regular emails and the item arrived the next day 10 out of 10 to them from me anyway, as its the first time i used them and first impressions count as they say so will be buying again from them.

Well done transit parts uk
Blue van man
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tigtog » Mon May 25, 2009 11:18 pm

i got a centre propshaft bearing of them,arived no problem in about three days
tigtog
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby uez24 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm

i live less than 2 miles away, and been forced to buy thru ebay. they over counter prices are higher about 5%.
company is called Golden Leaf or something like that. most of parts are from turkey. but lets say good quality. friendly service. i can recommend them.
uez24
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby matthew2riches » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I got some brake hoses Christmas 2009 and fitted them shortly after... 6 months down the line, the van fails an MoT due to corroded brake pipes which were replaced. I told the MoT guy to stop messing about but then got in the pit to look at they were worse than the ones I originally replaced!!!!!

Also had some rear number plate lights from them, 2 different kinds... :-(

Rear shock bushes that arrived looked like Christmas pudding so they went back.... they said the item was never received despite the recorded mail confirmation!!

I now use International Parts Ltd (Transit Parts UK) eBay ID: transitpartsuk who stock exactly the same things at exactly the same price but offer superb customer service and speak real English!

Rant over :-)
matthew2riches
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby misterdog » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:19 pm

So far wing mirror, belt and tensioner,timing chain kit, vacuum pump,cooling fan pulley and viscous coupling, all spot on and saved me a fortune. Valeo solid flywheel and clutch next week !!
misterdog
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I BOUGHT A RUBBER DONUT FOR THE PROPSHAFT AND IT FAILED WITHIN A WEEK, THEY SAID I HAD A BALLANCE ISSUE , SO WOULD NOT GIVE ME A REFUND, HOWEVER THE GENUINE PART I BOUGHT FORM FORD HAS BEEN ON FOR 1500 MILES WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS, I WILL NEVER BUY FROM TRANSIT PARTS AGAIN.
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings