*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

AlanN's MK3 V6 Day Van

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: AlanN's MK3 V6 Day Van

Postby ColinJack » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

robbie.cee wrote:He washed it.and waxed it the other day!
Summer must be here! :lol:
1990 Mk3 Reimo Camper
1980 Mk2 Holdsworth Camper
I don't regret growing old - it is a privilege denied to many.
The Journey is the Reward. (Chinese Proverb)
ColinJack
MK3 Massive

Postby g-man » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

hope we're talking about the van here :lol:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ROVER-25X » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Finaly some action on this thread, been looking at it every other day for months now lol, how it goes Alan, any updates ?
ROVER-25X
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bennycw43 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 pm

After reading all this over a few nights it's a very nice van you have and a good read too :)
bennycw43
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby AlanN » Wed May 21, 2014 11:45 pm

Not done much to the van for a while, well nothing exciting anyway. Lots of maintenance coming up over the next few months, started prep'ing subframe for some paint, going to build another suspension set up, slightly lowered, which I can just roll under and bolt up. New rear shocks going on in the next couple of days as bush has worn out, so I thought Id just change both shocks complete, also changed the front pads for the first time since I got the van 13 years ago :shock: and still had a few miles left on them
Also noticed a small crack in the front cross-member which by the time I had finished with it was a hole!!! So brought a complete one to go in later in the year.
Still want to paint the van before next years shows, but its a matter of finding the time and space in the workshop with so many jobs on the go.

Lastly, Ive decided to go back to manual, even though Ive committed to buying another autobox, but I will just sell it on. Decided to use one of the V6 Cologne adapter kits from work, so now Im looking for a decent petrol MT75 and propsharft. Got rid of all my old ones, thought Id never go back to manual :roll:
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby ROVER-25X » Fri May 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Nice one Alan, hopefully you can find the time and space, when you get round to doing your subframe and other jobs you can post up more build pics. ;)
ROVER-25X
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby AlanN » Fri May 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Fitted new shocks on rear last night, was a bit surprised that the bolts came undone easily. Old shocks where ok but lower bushes where knackered. Not much change in the ride but knocking noise has gone. Yipee! Have some new fronts to, but I will fit them to the rebuilt subframe.

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby RustWidow » Fri May 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Well done Alan nice to keep them on the road (the van that is)
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Fri May 23, 2014 10:56 pm

AlanN wrote:Fitted new shocks on rear last night, was a bit surprised that the bolts came undone easily. Old shocks where ok but lower bushes where knackered. Not much change in the ride but knocking noise has gone. Yipee! Have some new fronts to, but I will fit them to the rebuilt subframe.

Did you get them cheap :?: :wink:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AlanN » Sat May 24, 2014 7:48 am

Brought them at Transitmania last year, yes cheap, cant remember how much! There was a guy who had an estate car full of new or NOS parts, I would have brought more if I had the money with me, maybe stuff I didn't even need :lol:

Im now looking for (what I call the stub axles) but maybe spindles, but these part numbers 6152035 and 6152036. Been looking on fleebay last night and will post a 'wanted' up later tonight.

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby Mr RVM » Sat May 24, 2014 8:27 pm

AlanN wrote:Brought them at Transitmania last year, yes cheap, cant remember how much! There was a guy who had an estate car full of new or NOS parts, I would have brought more if I had the money with me, maybe stuff I didn't even need :lol:

Im now looking for (what I call the stub axles) but maybe spindles, but these part numbers 6152035 and 6152036. Been looking on fleebay last night and will post a 'wanted' up later tonight.

They getting hard to find good ones these days, think probably cos they Mk3 specific, so all the Mk4/5 stuff in the scrappies is no good to you :(

PS well bring some more money this year and i'll bring a transit full of stuff this time (although ive shifted a good bit this year I still have plenty left) :wink:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby RustWidow » Sat May 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Ooh goodie time lol
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AlanN » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Its been a while since posted on this thread and I haven't had any Internet connection at home for some while, so I haven't been able to post any pics, plus I cant log onto my server from my phone.
Anyway, I've been little busy on the van since Transitmania, well preparing the front subframe assembly.
Brought a spare subframe, wishbones and anti roll bar quite a while back but I've been stripping and sneaking them in the paint booth with customers parts, while Nick wasn't looking lol.
ImageImage

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby RustWidow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Lol nice job Alan.. Keep it up!
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Now THATS a proper job :!: looks Brilliant in the shiny black 8) I didn't consider cleaning/preparing mine "by hand" just sent it to shotblaster's (the lazy option :roll: ) then painted it with a brush tho the next one(s) are goin to be blasted and powder coated (the even lazier way :lol: )
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!