*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Shelving and other personalisation

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Shelving and other personalisation

Postby nastypasty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:47 am

Hi all, I would just like to thank the forum members for the advice I have gleaned for personalising my mk7 Transit swb med roof . It has enabled me to fit a Parrot MKi9200 neatly, get some very nice seat covers, and find a genuine Ford floor carpet. Also I have added lots of ply shelving. Feel free to ask any questions, it may be my turn to help :D

The carpet I got from here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... 00_details - as it's cheaper than buying from their site :wink:

Amazingly good quality seat covers from here - eBay listings
nastypasty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Shelving and other personalisation

Postby nastypasty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

nastypasty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mealic » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Nice one.Oh the joys of gripfil.Sticks like S**t and liquid nails.Where would we be?? Just bought some Veltrim to do my load area properly and get rid of that old carpet :) Only a SWB though.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby KH_Towbars » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Nice work, love the shelving 8)

Dunno if mk7 are same but might be tempted to cut a small hole in the shelving wall so you can access the side door manual lock with your hand if need be as they are common for the actuator failing on mk6 but hey anything can happen :)
2016 CUSTOM LIMITED LWB Shadow Black
2010 VW CADDY MAXI 1.6TDi
SOLD VW T5 102 SWB
R.I.P MK6 FWD 2.0TDDI Duratorq, EGR mod, K&N air filter, 16"alloys
KH_Towbars
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mealic » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 pm

And a flap below the seat line for anything occasional beyond 2.3m long.Which of those seat covers on the web site do you have?Anthracite?And are they really as good as they look.Seem very reasonable.

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby transitandy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Very nice work m8y :)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nastypasty » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 am

mealic wrote:Nice one.Oh the joys of gripfil.Sticks like S**t and liquid nails.Where would we be?? Just bought some Veltrim to do my load area properly and get rid of that old carpet :) Only a SWB though.

All glued and screwed, the adhesive I used was Sika EHB as it stays flexible onec cured as opposed to Gripfil etc.

KH_Towbars wrote:Nice work, love the shelving 8)

Dunno if mk7 are same but might be tempted to cut a small hole in the shelving wall so you can access the side door manual lock with your hand if need be as they are common for the actuator failing on mk6 but hey anything can happen :)

Thanks for that, wasn't aware of the actuator failing so may have to follow your advice :)

mealic wrote:And a flap below the seat line for anything occasional beyond 2.3m long.Which of those seat covers on the web site do you have?Anthracite?And are they really as good as they look.Seem very reasonable.

Longish stuff and 8x4 sheets go above the shelving and above the cab space, if you know what i mean. Will also be adding roof bars soon. I have the Anthracite seat covers which are virtually black, and not grey as the ebay pic, my photos are more realistic :) And they are awesome :D

transitandy wrote:Very nice work m8y :)

Many thanks :)
nastypasty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby goons » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Congrats on your diy shelving very impressive. I'm about to order a mwb med roof mk7 and have been searching for plywood racking but it ALL seems to be for SWB or LWB, not MWB. Tell me, the end of the shelving seems to follow the contour of the wall. Did you work that out or have a template as that's the bit i'd find hard? also where did those seat covers come from, they look very smart? Hope you're still around to answer this :D
goons
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nastypasty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:44 pm

goons wrote:Congrats on your diy shelving very impressive. I'm about to order a mwb med roof mk7 and have been searching for plywood racking but it ALL seems to be for SWB or LWB, not MWB. Tell me, the end of the shelving seems to follow the contour of the wall. Did you work that out or have a template as that's the bit i'd find hard? also where did those seat covers come from, they look very smart? Hope you're still around to answer this :D

HI there,

For the end and middle sections I had some cardboard which I used to make a template. It was as simple as that :) The seat covers came from ebay. They were not cheap and the passenger cover lasted a lot longer than the drivers cover. Mainly due to me jumping in the drivers seat with some sort of tool in my back pocket :oops:
nastypasty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!