*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

1989 MK3 Transit

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: 1989 MK3 Transit

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Plenty of bits here incluiding a hi top roof and doors Ernie :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bennycw43 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 pm

ernie b wrote:Must start a thread actually.
She's spot on underneath and I like it way better than any of the newer ones so just trying to put it back straight and maybe a bit shiny.
The roof and front pillars are the only really big bits, but they're just panels at the end of the day.

Other than that she's had both front sills, drivers step and one and a half rear pillars over the last couple years.
Now it's rear arches (done), front wings (genuine one's in hand), scuttle, good doors (in hand) and paint.
I used to laugh about how much filler it would take to straighten it out. I'm not laughing now :(
With the mechanics done it'll practically be a new van once I'm done.

It's still taxed and tested just to hurry me up, hoping to be back on the road by Christmas and then just keep using it.
At 22 years old I reckon there's got to be another 15 or 20 left with a bit of work :mrgreen:

Yeah you should start a thread be nice to have a read about it, A lot of work in it but it will be worth it when it's done, you'll have a van for a very long time :)
bennycw43
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ernie b » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Ok I'll pull my finger out soon
Bambi, I've got nearly all the bits in hand but pm me if you have a minty side loading door
And mine is a semi high so the roof is a weldy weldy job not pop rivets and tiger seal :lol:

Benny, if you need a few spares I broke a 91 mk3 recently decent seats and steering wheel, narrow axle, headlights are a bit rough but might do if you were stuck, few other small bits and bobs

Don't mean to threadjack, I'll start my own shortly
ernie b
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bennycw43 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Cheers ernie b i'll keep you in mind when i'm looking for mk3 bits, any mk3 bits are very hard to find over here..

When i was getting it ready for it's test i noticed a few holes starting in the back under the floor

A few less holes in it now, there is a dodgy looking repair done on the d/s inner arch but i decided to lave it alone for the moment, my next plan when i get some spare time is to pull out the front seats and carpet as i,m sure i'll find another few holes there...
bennycw43
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby oldskooler » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 pm

fair play benny, nice work. your minding her well.
oldskooler
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!