*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

My mk6 transit with a lot of mods!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

My mk6 transit with a lot of mods!

Postby xr4i_guy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi all

I thought it was about time i started up a proper thread with my progress with the van so here it is! From start to present

Bought around 4years ago as a standard 75ps model

Bought these motorsport comp th2 alloys & refurnished them, fitted with custom made adaptor plates

Next came a set of sports van arches which i extended to fit the mk6

[IMG]

[URL=http://s108.photobucket.com/user/leonward2k2/media/transit/2013-03-24142025_zpsbbc52baf.jpg.html]Image

Then i fitted a front mount intercooler, remapped by van tuner & custom made pipe work

I fitted a golf gti front splitter but then changed it for a sierra rs500 style one as i didn't like the golf one!

The RS500 splitter had to be extended in the middle to fit
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: My mk6 transit with a lot of mods!

Postby xr4i_guy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:58 pm

I decided on making up some real carbon bits as i dont like the stick on crap which doesnt look like the real thing!

I ended up lowering the van after i snapped a front coil, as you all know there isn't a bolt on kit for the transit so i ended up decambering the rear leafs & i then set about making at set of coils off a T5 to fit.

The result was better than i thought on its highest setting the front was lowered by around 1-2inches & on the lowest around 3-4inches

Before lowering

After lowering!

I done a quick tidy up on some rust that's been coming through, i will be replacing the front wings in future as they are cheap enough

I have started on the inside of the van as well ive done a mk7 dashboard with Mondeo clocks/ gear stick selector, a custom made pillar pod for my gauges, fitted 3 RS2000 recaro seats in the front, i had to move the handbrake forward for this! Also fitted RS 4 spoke steering wheel.
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xr4i_guy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Im currently work on the rear of the van which i am fitting another 3 recaro seats in which are removable, raised floor so i have slots to carry bikes in the back & to keep the floor flat when the seats are removed from the van & carpet on the sides!

Im sure there is loads of other bits ive missed out like a shed load of welding, mk7 rear axle, stainless exhaust etc but you get the idea of where im up to know!

Leon
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rumble bee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Nice van 8)

How did you do the middle seat's seat belt? Im after doing the same to mine :D
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby xr4i_guy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:22 pm

I cut up the old twin seat & kept the seat belt post from that then welded it back on to the frame i made up for the seats. The recarcos are a lot bigger than the twin seat it cant stay in the original place the 3 seats dont have a gap between them as i wasnt going to move the drivers seat from where its ment to be!
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby BigMonty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Missed you at mania this year. Van is looking good thou.
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby xr4i_guy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Better shot of the recaros Image

I wanted to go this year monty but had some work on & the van is half finished with a few bits!
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby jay » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:37 pm

fitting 3 single seats makes it much easier with the mk7 dash as well like u have done..
jay
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby xr4i_guy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:44 pm

today I put some carpet on the pillar pod done the other pillar as well going to do the roof lining when I order more carpet so it all matches.

Yes your right Jay, I did fit them with the mk6 dash in but the gearstick on the floor was basically in between the passenger in the middle seat legs! so mk7 dash is a most if anyone is planning on trying this! Also had to move the handbrake forward as there is no room between the seats.
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby xr4i_guy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:46 pm

today I put some carpet on the pillar pod done the other pillar as well going to do the roof lining when I order more carpet so it all matches.

Yes your right Jay, I did fit them with the mk6 dash in but the gearstick on the floor was basically in between the passenger in the middle seat legs! so mk7 dash is a most if anyone is planning on trying this! Also had to move the handbrake forward as there is no room between the seats.
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby steviebee » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:19 am

Wont the RS steering wheel be an issue at MOT time (no airbag), or will you just put your old one back on when it is due?

Forgot to say, enjoying this thread and where did you get your carpet from?

Steve.
2005 85ps t280 swb camper, chrome door handles, outside temp gauge and clock and auxiliary 12volt socket. Colour coded bumpers & door mirrors, Mondeo glasses holder. Auto dim rear view mirror. Vantunered :D . 2012 Transit Trend in Panther Black
steviebee
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby xr4i_guy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 pm

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321196451946?na ... 0153594971 link for the carpet, steering wheel is fine for mot with the airbag light removed since there is no airbag now.
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:08 pm

You should have swapped the handbrake to the door side of the seat, like it is in my bus ;)
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Rumble bee » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Cheers for the info, have you thought about tinting your headlamps with fly eyes?
Rumble bee
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby xr4i_guy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 am

Did think of moving the handbrake to the driverside but it would of been too much work I only had to extend the cable by around 8inches & drill new mount holes & an extra support bracket underneath.

I have been thinking about tinting the headlights as it would look good with rest of the black was thinking of just a touch of tint spray as think the fly eye stuff might not want to stretch around the shape of the mk6 lights :wink:
xr4i_guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!