*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 SWB 4 BERTH CAMPER CONVERSION PROJECT

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: MK7 SWB 4 BERTH CAMPER CONVERSION PROJECT

Postby madbri » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:21 pm

think like this and comes with axle stands bonus
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealey-1030CX ... 46079bfad1
madbri
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dirtydog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm

I've got a 3 ton bottle jack and a 2 ton trolley jack.

The bottle is ok but not a stable as the trolley. The bottle jack weighs about 3.5kg and the trolley is about 9kg.

Screwfix sell a 3 ton trolley jack and it weighs 16kg!
2006 Mk7 115 350 lwb, med high top
2006 Mk7 110 350 lwb, high top camper
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby HarrytheSaladdodger » Sun May 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Sorry for the long absence of updates ,but with us now deciding to move house we haven't had the time to finish the van... BUT here's what I've managed to do so far...

most of the carpeting is in now just a few finishing touches needed

kept hearing some rattling so decided to tape all the wiring to the side-walls

decided to add a few more switches /sockets on the side

tidied up the battery compartment I couldn't remove the battery easily due to a nest of cables ,That took the best part of a day :evil:

here's the end result , not 100% happy with it so might change / add a few things before the hob/sink is installed , the shelf is deep enough to hold tins/tubs etc so not worried about flying objects ,just needs some matting in

as you can probably make out the right cupboard wont open fully due to the seat being so near ,but I've tested it out and can easily fit the gas bottle and water in :D
just need to make a small preparation table to fit the rail for the time being... also the round flush fitting LED's are too bright so a dimmer will have to be installed :oops:

fitted 2 latches for easy removal of the full unit , extremely happy with them :D :D :D the unit now takes about 3 mins to fully remove from the van including the electrical disconnection's

Decided that £30 was too much to pay for the extension leads, so visited go camping and bought the 16 amp sockets and made one ...should do the job ??? the lead was a 110v site extension lead I've had for years and never used (I'll take it into work and get it pat tested, just for ease of mind)

so yeah nearly there just a few more months at this rate :lol:
Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes
HarrytheSaladdodger
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby HarrytheSaladdodger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 pm

sorry for the long delay in updating the thread ... we've managed to get away camping with the van up the lakes last weekend :D great time ,more to come

ladders fitted ,I know your not supposed to fit these with rear windows but ... if you've got kids you'll understand the need for easy access to extra storage lol

seat boxes were made with all the offcuts and practice pieces from the cupboard , if yo look at the front kick-board on the first picture you can see where I've had to join it :(

sorry I haven't got any photos yet of the tables/ bed set-up yet ,I'll upload asap ... but here's a few others i have

cheap roof-box from friend £30 ,and mesh welded on at work ,free ... the cammo tarpaulin was £7 off ebay , tent door poles and guy ropes off the previous tent

as you can see I've added more guy ropes as 2 just didn't cut it .... more photos to follow
HarrytheSaladdodger
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bezzabsa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Tidy little conversion
Driving a Transit estate...Mondeo 130 Tdci 2002 ;)
Yam Yam from yamyam land ayit ??
Bostin' ay it?
bezzabsa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transitandy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:44 am

Very nice m8y :) 8)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beeze » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi. I've just bought a SWB Standard roof Mk7 Transit and wondered what your sleepling plan is. I need to sleep and transport 4 which i presume is the same as you. I'm trying to avoid a rock and roll bed if possible so i'm interested in your sleeping setup.
Beeze
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby HarrytheSaladdodger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Beeze wrote:Hi. I've just bought a SWB Standard roof Mk7 Transit and wondered what your sleepling plan is. I need to sleep and transport 4 which i presume is the same as you. I'm trying to avoid a rock and roll bed if possible so i'm interested in your sleeping setup.

so sorry for the really late reply , I've been working away a lot lately ... This will probably be too late but we sleep across the van in the back, 1 above in a stretcher type thing and one either in between us on the bed usually . The mistake i made was to install a double seat in the back , I should have put a single seat in but I thought whats a extra 40cm (turns out quite a bit in a camper lol)...

the way I see it is you can either buy a drive away awning and let whoever sleep in that, this will give you loads of space inside , but limit where you can stop overnight, or you can do what I'd so below , bearing in mind i want the option of sleeping rough

if i had a bare van again the first thing I'd be doing is carpet/flooring , I left the flooring till last (big mistake) then put a double seat in with storage underneath (transit custom type) this will get your bed size sorted, then I'd make a bunk bed just behind it, make it so its fixed constantly ( buy 2x futon mattresses (works out a lot cheaper) . Then make a single unit just behind the drivers seat (with detachable table), big enough for a burner and to store the gas/ water etc . the electric can be installed behind the panel's with your battery under the drivers seat ... if you get swivel base for the front double seat ,you'll have seating for everyone ,It'll be really tight but it will work and its future proof ,unlike mine

this past year I've done quite a lot of work to the van , its about finished inside (it can never be totally done though) the outside has been rust treated/ under-sealed and is booked in for a spray job next week... alloys have been bought and the correct nuts now ,so they will be on after the spray job. Probably going to get stone deflector and sun visor ,then change it all over to camper ,I'll update this thread as soon as its all done
HarrytheSaladdodger
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!