*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 LWB mid-roof minibus '02 (camper to-be?) from Finland

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: MK6 LWB mid-roof minibus '02 (camper to-be?) from Finlan

Postby Finn_Timo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:45 am

One thing less to sort out, I bought correct type of light switch from MK2 Focus yesterday and assembled it.

Can someone help me with key programming? I have tried to get this van in to programming mode, I have tried turning keys 4, 5 and 8 times from 0-1 and also 1-2 but nothing happens?! Is there something wrong in my van or is it just me... Here is a picture of vans C/L module.

Ford Tourneo SWB '07 with 130HP, 9 seater bus made by PROFILE
Tonic

Also there are 1- 3 other MK6's, stock changes...
Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:52 am

Finn_Timo wrote:One thing less to sort out, I bought correct type of light switch from MK2 Focus yesterday and assembled it.

Can someone help me with key programming? I have tried to get this van in to programming mode, I have tried turning keys 4, 5 and 8 times from 0-1 and also 1-2 but nothing happens?! Is there something wrong in my van or is it just me... Here is a picture of vans C/L module.

That module is for central locking with dead locking only.

For remote central locking. It should have CL DL RC on label.

This one here is for remote central locking & will plug straight in. :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRANSIT-CENTR ... j#shpCntId
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Finn_Timo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Thank you Sir!
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Paul: is this module changing a plug & play thing, or does it need some programming? Just asking because one Ford dealer changed CL module to my big brothers MK6 and they had programmed it + coded a new key in hefty 100€ price...
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm

Finn_Timo wrote:Paul: is this module changing a plug & play thing, or does it need some programming? Just asking because one Ford dealer changed CL module to my big brothers MK6 and they had programmed it + coded a new key in hefty 100€ price...

Module is a straight swap. No programming required. Once fitted simply program c/locking remote for (or 2 button remote key) via cycling ignition from position 0 to postion 2 8 times.
Doors lock should then cycle (lock then unlock) To confirm programming mode. Press lock button on remote for or remote key to lock doors. Then turn ignition off. 8)
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Finn_Timo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:58 am

Right, I bought that right type module last Friday and assembled it. Van DID go to programming mode after that, but that Focus fob didn't work / programmed to Transit. But that MK7 key did... So now I have a R/C for C/L, but I have to put my vans key next to a tooth brush :lol:

Or has someone figured out, is it possible to get wiring to work so that MK7 key is charged when in it is in ignition barrel?

Also we traded our V70 to Mondeo last week, I just had to take a picture when we had all vehicles in our lot!

Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:05 am

So, started to continue my facelift yesterday with changing the steering column + switch gear. It seems that my van activeted the PATS, because when I turn the key nothing happens... I have changed the chip from MK6 key to MK7 key, also tried with standard key that has no buttons. Same effect and when turning the key, immobiliser light flashes quickly on the clock.

Also I came up with wiring problems, there are some differences between UK made MK6 / MK7 vs. German made MK6 / Turkish made MK7. I'll post below pics from my MK6's switch gear couplers, there are even more cables than UK made versions... Pics well tell more:

MK6 switch gear coupler for lights + blinkers

And also for wipers

There is some sort of diagram, the colours are taken from the cable side of the coupler

Here are the same pics for MK7, first blinkers and lights:

Wipers

And some diagrams, colours are taken like in MK6. This time both gears are in same pic.

P.S. I charged the batteries yesterday, no change in winds... Last evening I ordered ELM327 diagnostic reader with forscan.
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Switch gear is working, at the moment only in wiper stalk. Light stalk is working only in flash/pass, but it will work fully in a few days time lapse. Wiper side took about a week to sort it out, but finally today I managed to make it work! There were burned relays and wrong connections made, all this took pretty much time to make it work...

Yesterday I changed summer tyres and wheels, tyres are Linglong CargoMax R666 in size 205/65R16C. These are my first Chinese made tyres, lets see how they feel / work... I have read and heard a lot of good response from Linglong, so at the end of this summer I will be much more wiser. Wheels are RS Devino Star's, I actually had these same type wheels on my MK7 which I bought as new in 2010.

Lets put some photos, again 8)

Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Finn_Timo wrote:So, started to continue my facelift yesterday with changing the steering column + switch gear. It seems that my van activeted the PATS, because when I turn the key nothing happens... I have changed the chip from MK6 key to MK7 key, also tried with standard key that has no buttons. Same effect and when turning the key, immobiliser light flashes quickly on the clock.

Also I came up with wiring problems, there are some differences between UK made MK6 / MK7 vs. German made MK6 / Turkish made MK7. I'll post below pics from my MK6's switch gear couplers, there are even more cables than UK made versions... Pics well tell more:

MK6 switch gear coupler for lights + blinkers

And also for wipers

There is some sort of diagram, the colours are taken from the cable side of the coupler

Here are the same pics for MK7, first blinkers and lights:

Wipers

And some diagrams, colours are taken like in MK6. This time both gears are in same pic.

P.S. I charged the batteries yesterday, no change in winds... Last evening I ordered ELM327 diagnostic reader with forscan.

1st a mk7 key will NOT work on a mk6. ! It's transponder is incompatible :roll:

2nd.

Yes there are variations in wiring colours. It's the pin out that matter the most. :wink:

Below - pinout for mk6 switch gear.

PIN OUT.jpg

There's no point comparing mk6 wiper switch to mk7 wiper switch. internal switch configuration in completely different between the both.

All wiring details are here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=150664&start=780#p1436616

Ps Pinouts are correct. I've just completed mk7 switchgear conversion on another members Transit Mk6 this afternoon 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Finn_Timo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:40 am

Yes, I noticed that MK7 key is incompatible for MK6, when trying to use that 3-button key. Luckily a standard key came also with that scrap body, so I just switched chip from MK6 key to MK7 key and it works fine! I am simply using that 3-button key as a remote control for central locking, before I can get my new Focus keys form Ebay seller and program them to work.

I must admit, that making wiring when you are tired is not the best option... I must have messed the pins and colours at some point, but eventually I made it work! Next one will be easier :lol:

P.S. Is that R3 in the headlight diagram a normal heated screen relay?
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Finn_Timo wrote:Yes, I noticed that MK7 key is incompatible for MK6, when trying to use that 3-button key. Luckily a standard key came also with that scrap body, so I just switched chip from MK6 key to MK7 key and it works fine! I am simply using that 3-button key as a remote control for central locking, before I can get my new Focus keys form Ebay seller and program them to work.

I must admit, that making wiring when you are tired is not the best option... I must have messed the pins and colours at some point, but eventually I made it work! Next one will be easier :lol:

P.S. Is that R3 in the headlight diagram a normal heated screen relay?

Yes m8 8)

Take your time & don't rush it. If need be, take a break for an hour or 2. Then go back to it.

TIP. If the misses is moaning. Get yourself a pair of ear plugs. They work wonders :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Finn_Timo » Wed May 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi

Focus key came two weeks ago, is cutted & programmed and working fine! I bought one MK6 more at yesterday, it is '02 SWB low roof with 100PS TDDi + 4.23 ratio box, like our bus.

Why? 1½ weeks ago our bus overheated, coolant had leaked from perished tube and I didn't notice overheating when I was driving (spoked on the phone at same time) and engine nearly snapped off with heat, twitched a couple times... Speed off and all the cabin heat up quickly, engine didn't snap off. Unfortunately engine started to make ticking / whirring noise when in use or idle and there is much less power left :cry: I tried to swap our Transit and Mondeo in to a MK7 bus, but it takes too much financial effort in this point!

Also our bus is in good shape, not much rot / rust so I thought that it is wiser to buy a donor vehicle (has 313k km under its belt), it has even fuel pump replaced + injectors refurbished in some time ago. Price was even more than OK, I am swapping the engine + box + drive shafts between these vans and after that I am selling that donor vehicle.

Pics will follow, at some point. That donor van is made in Southampton plant.
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Fri May 27, 2016 7:53 am

Well well... That donor vehicle wasn't in so good shape what I expected / seller told to me, engine is running but is smoking quite badly and engine twitches when driving on road. When accelerated, van first struggles to get going and after that leaves like a rocket! Also that smoke smells unburnt diesel, seller told to that injectors have been checked & repaired.

Oh, after van is stayed without started say day or two, it takes a pretty long start to get it running?! Is this fault in fueling, does it get air from somewhere or what? I don't have a clue, when van has had a proper maintenance (fuel & engine filter + oils)...

Facelift for our bus is coming nearer by getting all the bits & pieces already, so far I have bought / collected:

- slam panel
- bumper reinforcement
- front bumper, all parts + logo
- front doors
- headlights
- headlight holders
- MK7 loom where I can take the needed connections
- scuttle panel
- wings inner reinforcements

All I need anymore is bonnet and wings! Then its time to strip the front... :shock:

Some other things I have done to bus, I got chrome Focus door handles from colleague practically free and swapped front door window lifts to elec ones from that donor MK6 :mrgreen:
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:03 am

Replacement engine is alreydy purchased and taken out of the bay, this engine is from MK3 Mondeo. It has 285 tkm under its belt and had a new turbo in it! If everything goes like planned, this is situated in its new place during Saturday at this weekend. Including with gearbox from that white van, the box which is still in use is whining badly in 5th gear... Well, it is original box and has already 686 tkm gone!

I took the "new" engine out with my brother, we had a bit bigger crane what we used for lifting 8)

Mondeo engine came together with gearbox, steering box etc. which will be sold forward in time.
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 am

Engine and gearbox was replaced last weekend. Engine is running nice, but has no power in it? The same problem was with the old engine, so I think that the problem is in fuel timing solenoid. No codes available, my brother has a reader but it doesn't work with older Fords. I have a suitable reader, but the bus is located +200 km's away from me at the moment. We will continue our rehearsal in this weekend!
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!