*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 LWB mid-roof minibus '02 (camper to-be?) from Finland

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: MK6 LWB mid-roof minibus '02 (camper to-be?) from Finlan

Postby Finn_Timo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:55 am

Engine problem sorted out, it was broken MAF which made the problems. I still think that timing is slightly out, because engine hesitates to accelerate properly and feels like it is pressing brakes instead of going? Also there is a big buff of black smoke in cold start and a bit metallic sound coming from engine.

The MK7 conversion is now done, it took one weekend for first timers to do it. Now I need to get some paint + lack and paint the new panels in right colour. Or I think that my brother will do the painting... Here are once again some pics.

Pretty solid looking MK6, remember that the speedo is showing more than 687000 kilometres!

Lining is made for new parts

We didn't change the whole scuttle panel, thanks to looneyfitter for this idea!

And this is the result, atleast for now...

First part of the old front end is already sold, many bits are still left...

P.S. I don't understand you people whining about VP-pumps, there is still vans ORIGINAL pump in use. Even with this Mondeo engine and I called to former owner who had this van from new, this pump has newer been opened / refurbished...
Ford Tourneo SWB '07 with 130HP, 9 seater bus made by PROFILE
Tonic

Also there are 1- 3 other MK6's, stock changes...
Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:59 am

Van had a fresh MOT yesterday and also all the changes are now booked in Trafi's (Finnish DVLA) folders. Amount of changed parts was 7,5%, so now the first one is done it is time for second one, right? :lol:
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi

It's been a while since my last posting. Christmas is over and it's time to do something for the camper. MK7 front end panels are, at last, to be painted in body colour and some other things are on to-do list also. This includes for example new shocks to every corner, new bearings to front shocks, new ball joints etc.

Engine is also under change, the engine I replaced with my brother during last summer was found to be quite tired one... It seemed to fire up with one pot at at time! So "new" engine was found, let's see what kind of engine this one is. It will be assembled with some different things, I will post something later IF they will work :roll:

But some pics!

It's good to have something what to do, because I have been out of job for more than 1½ months. It was my own choice, I didn't want to start at new job and driving across Finland, being at home perhaps 1-2 nights at home in weekdays... We have two little boys, older is having his 3rd birthday in January and younger one is 1 year old, also 3rd baby is on its way.
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Before starting with camper, I had a little project... It was a MY2004 FWD SWB Transit, with 100 HP TDDi engine. It had a blown engine, replacement come in form of Mondeo's 115 HP TDDi engine with a cost at only 75€ :lol: The price included everything else but not starter or catalysator, it had even VP44 pump in place!

It had also some surface rot and also rust, in usual MK6 sports. Take a look at pics, this van was sold about 2 weeks ago.

After painting the necessary places, whole body was polished with Farecla G3. Quite big difference or what :wink:
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Finn_Timo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:28 pm

FINALLY, MK7 look is finished! I like it a lot, I just couldn't imagine how it will look when finished... All lights are working like they should, but there are some little things to sort out to make everything look like "factory". Some pics, again :D

Finished paint in MK7 parts

Windscreen trims in place

Lining looks quite good to me

For a hobby painter like me, I think the paint finish is more than OK for garage painting...

Underneath the bonnet all is colour coded, airbox has changed to MK7 one after this picture

More modifications are due to come, I bought C-Max lights inspired by Punto443. But I am going to put my own twist in to them, I have already ordered 2,5 inch Bi-Xenon projectors for them. What I have read from here, original MK7 lights are pain in the a** the take apart, so I might order new aftermarket head lights (TYC?) to get this mod a bit easier to make :mrgreen:
Tonic

Finn_Timo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!