*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

My MK7 Daily Driver + Race van

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: My MK7 Daily Driver + Race van

Postby dantranvan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 pm

My insulation arrived today, so tonight I did the floor and behind the top panel on the sliding door

Hopefully get the rest finished over the next few nights so I can finally get all the sodding ply lining out of my garage :lol:
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:48 pm

not the neatest, but itll tidy up with carpet :lol:
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:37 pm

and the map is now off as the insurers didn't like it and companies that did wanted twice what I pay for the RS :'(
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Not been on for a while as have nothing to the van except drive it. Dont know where half my thread pics have gone, hopefully admin can assist.

Had a weird issue for a while now where my van winked every time I braked (passenger side side light flashed). Decided tonight to actually investigate and it turned out I'd been sold the wrong rear brake bulb when buying a replacement. Put the right bulb in and all good.
With a wedding coming up, karting and an RS to finish, I lost any enthusiasm for tarting the van up, but I want to start playing again so:
I am going to try and finish off the insulation etc in the back so it doesn't get to winter and I'm freezing my nuts off when sleeping in the back again
Get the rear doors that I bought over a year ago now fitted
Clay bar the whole thing to get all the gunk off from the previous owners signage
Tidy up a few little bubbles starting to appear on the bodywork
Fit a half decent stereo and maybe start messing about with other things like a debadged grill and colour code the bumpers

But I seem to constantly change my mind as to whether I'll be selling it in the coming months or keeping it so will likely change my plans several times over by tomorrow
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:05 pm

Time to get the bent doors off

Have to say, was remarkably easy to do, even for a monkey like me :lol:

Was left slightly confused about the high stop light

Then found out the bulb holder had snapped off and dropped down into the door

Blast with the glue gun and then a bit of string to hoist it back to where it should be. Just need a bulb now. The penny pincher in me was very happy that I didn't buy a new light unit as the ford dealer told me when it was in for a service :mrgreen:
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!