*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

My MK7 Daily Driver + Race van

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: My MK7 Daily Driver + Race van

Postby dantranvan » Sun May 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Bath time today, although not a proper one as I managed to put all my car cleaning stuff into a box at my mums today and then leave that box at her house :lol:
Had to make do with a few bits I had lying around.

Also fitted my eBay upgrade bulbs. My god these headlights are easier to get out than they are on my RS!!
The side light that had blown had actually exploded into several bits and damaged the light slightly

Really impressed with them. Really bright white light. Cant wait til it's properly dark to try them out
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Got the removable rack in tonight so I'm able to carry 2 karts but still help people move sofas etc as happens when you have a van

Some sturdy L shape bar mounted on each side. Luckily the moulding of the panels is the perfect height for it to mount flush with

More L bar bolted at the front which can be removed when no longer needed. Rear L bar just drops in

Mate who helped design it and is amazing with metal is gonna make some proper ramps for me but I'll just throw some ply on for this weekend
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:47 pm

WARNING - THIS POST CONTAINS SOME OF MY BAD DIY SKILLZ WHICH SOME READERS MAY FIND DISTRESSING

Got some 18mm ply to make some make shift ramps. In reality I should have just pulled my finger out and got my mate to make me some metal ramps but I ended up leaving it too late so here we are

Cut 2 5"x2"

Used my old toothpaste trick to help mark my drill holes

Decided in my wisdom to use exhaust clamps to stop the ramps from sliding about whilst still being quick to remove

Perfect fit
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 pm

After reading Leightons thread, I went out and gave the heatgun trick a try on the front bumper and was amazed that it worked. All these youtube-esque easy fixes never seem to work for me but I'm happy with the result

Yes, I need a new badge. Does anybody know if DMB (or anyone else) sells overlays the gel overlays that size?
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Rear bumper done too. Makes such a difference!! Hopefully now they are actually black, I should be able to maintain by just using the bumper black stuff
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Not been on here for a while as I've not even washed the van in months. Hit a milestone the other day though

Rang round for prices for a service and amazingly, my local Ford dealer came out the cheapest with the bonus of 12 months free breakdown cover.
One thing I will be doing this year is insulating the back as it got a bit nippy sleeping in when at race meetings. So I spent a bit of time this afternoon doing a bit of tidying to check I've no major rusty surprises lurking

Just a couple of bits of surface rust. Blasted with a generous amount of ACF50. Will probably tidy up with paint before the insulation and lining goes in.
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:18 pm

Have to say I'm impressed with Ford servicing.
Had a call today to say I'd been emailed my vehicle health report with a link to authorise additional work. Much better way of doing it instead of turning up to an unexpected bill. It's done on a traffic light system.

RED
High level brake light not working - Not a worry as I'll just fit a new one when putting my replacement doors on
ARB Bushes worn - Authorised this to be replaced

AMBER
O/S Driveshaft Intermediate Bearing Noisy
Slight play N/S inner track rod
aux belts starting to crack
brake fluid tested amber
water marks around oil cooler, further investigation required

Will work through the amber bits as and when time and money allows
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Been offered a sponsored remap today by a local motorsport company today. So the van should be a bit quicker tomorrow tea time :D
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:11 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ned » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Have you had the remap done now :?: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:25 pm

nedforceone wrote:Have you had the remap done now :?: N
dantranvan wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No Ned he was at the dentist getting his teeth cleaned ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :mrgreen:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dantranvan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:

I have. Night and day. Will keep folk updated with how it goes economy wise as I've been driving it like a hooligan today :roll:

dantranvan wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No Ned he was at the dentist getting his teeth cleaned ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :mrgreen:

:lol:
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dantranvan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Minor panic moment today.

Spanner light on the dash that I had no idea what it meant. Oh sh*t!! Has the map done some damage?

NO

Twas the service light which obviously hadn't been reset when at the dealer a few weeks back. Least I know I had it serviced before it was due :lol:

Insulation etc being ordered this weekend as I need to get all the van related clutter out of my garage so I can sort the floor, walls and lighting ready for the car to move in
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby stevo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:12 pm

dantranvan wrote:Not been on here for a while as I've not even washed the van in months. Hit a milestone the other day though

Rang round for prices for a service and amazingly, my local Ford dealer came out the cheapest with the bonus of 12 months free breakdown cover.
One thing I will be doing this year is insulating the back as it got a bit nippy sleeping in when at race meetings. So I spent a bit of time this afternoon doing a bit of tidying to check I've no major rusty surprises lurking

Just a couple of bits of surface rust. Blasted with a generous amount of ACF50. Will probably tidy up with paint before the insulation and lining goes in.

Id be getting those rust spots looked at on the arches. When they go it spreads across and up the inner arch and floor. That looks like the start of a massive problem.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Formely ibanez2005

Your's is the new Ford Transit!

2003 100 T260 TDDi swb
stevo
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dantranvan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:29 pm

stevo wrote:Id be getting those rust spots looked at on the arches. When they go it spreads across and up the inner arch and floor. That looks like the start of a massive problem.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My mate is proper handy with metalwork, so will probs get him to have a looksie. The photos make it look much worse than it is tbh. If it was flaky, I'd be more concerned, but the metal is solid.

Insulation ordered today. Was going to order carpet and look at lighting too but I'm much more desperate to get my garage done and RS back on the road so this will be a very slow interior upgrade
dantranvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!