*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

well luke, you asked for it ...Gunslingers Mk2 LWB

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:27 am

got my prep work done and the area sprayed in black in time ... Greyvanman came today and refitted the screen for me looks good and he did a great job, time now for a 2 day break then start looking at what to do next (the roof is looking tempting to paint) followed by the filling down the passenger side

i'll see if i can get some more pics sometime showing a little more of it
Last edited by Gunslinger on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby madmark » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:25 am

i cant wait to see more picks :) you have done such a good job so far! :)
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:42 pm

no more pics at the moment, good job really, sprayed the roof last night, lets just say ..... waste of money, i'd have got a better finish spraying the workshop floor, and it would have been a better use of the paint. :cry:
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MrTransit » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:05 pm

That is some excellent work, well done! i have a mk 2 van which needs similar work to yours and its just what i needed to see to get my ass in gear with doing it up! Most people who see my van say its beyond repair but after seeing what you did i think otherwise!
Did you have any repairs to do to the gutters? They look fairly tricky to repair as mine does need some work in these areas.
Mostly its just that the bigger the area to be repaired the more intimidating it looks, but as a friend told me before, its as easy to repair a big hole as a small one! What do you think?
Can't wait to see the finished pics of your van!
My Transit...1.5 tonnes of pure fun!
MrTransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:24 pm

its easier to repair a big hole :P

guters on mine were a bit rusty, and some water i think was getting in, main thing is there is no drain holes at the back so if you can find a good way to put some in do it, or if you really want it to look good de-seam it,

mine i cleaned down with a flat wire brush in the angle grinder then used grey stripe sealant (lots of it) all the way along and then lots of paint, the upright parts have a few holes in them, so what i will do is use some of that plastic/rubber edging trim to clip over and cover the holes :wink:

also worth sealing inside and painting with thick underseal as an extra help :)
Last edited by Gunslinger on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MrTransit » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:35 pm

Cheers for that!
My Transit...1.5 tonnes of pure fun!
MrTransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:18 pm

ok, got my van back into the workshop a couple of weeks ago, got all the prep work finished now and sprayed one coat of BT grey on it, nice not bad at all, couple of area thin and a few missed :oops: couple of runs (standard for me!) going to lay the last top coat tonight hopefully, then got to paint inside and underseal, stick my rebuilt mk2 axle back in, then expect some new photos about the end of the month.

got to move it again by then :( so it will be back at my home while i get the doors preped and painted, then i can start looking to getting the engine plumbed in and the aeroquip brake lines fitted and then finally consider what the hell i am going to do with the front panel !!
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:35 am

update .... sprayed it lastnight ..... more runs (actually i think the technical term is tidal wave :oops: :oops: )

still managed to miss a couple of small areas, but i think i can sort those with a bit of sideways thinking (ones in the footwell area, so a little extension of the 3m non-slip tape will cover it :P)

got to go back and see it in the daylight before i say any more :!:
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!