*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

Postby Pocketrocket » Thu May 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Small update time, the clutch mech I fab'd up works a treat as ive fitted the remote fluid reservoir under the brake master cylinder on a bracket thats bolted to the battery tray, the mech is under the drivers floor right up next to the chassis rail out of the way of water/road spray.
The brake calliper has stayed un seized for now but hasn't realy had much use.
Ive bought a battery and ran/fitted most of the wiring loom, I just need to solder the starter wiring to the back of the transit barrel and extend 3 multi plugs that come from the ecu to the engine harness as im trying to go for a neat "factory" look.
Ive yet to get the fittings together for the fuel pump but a ignition coil bracket i bought the other day fits the bill to mount it.
The number plates I ordered have arrived too!! 8)
Only 2 pics to post today! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 mk5 tourneo (previously jagvan, now Vw PD powered)
2000 mk5 with a jaguar twist :wink: (now dead but will live on)
1996 disco 300tdi 1.2 offroad toy :D
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Nice. Can't wait to see a video of it in operation :)
I remember you had a short video of the old one, but I can't be arsed finding it ;)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Small update time as its been a while again, not got massive amounts to report but im nearly there in getting the engine fired, all the wiring is in and on the transit ignition barrel etc it does fire but I think ive fot a fuel pressure issue as ive gone for an inline fuel pump instead of the intank like it was on the first jagvan.
The fuel lines are plumbed in (just need securing) the front grill is 90% finished, its painted but needs another skim of filler to be perfect.
Ive also swapped the bonnet from 1 of my donor vans for the white 1, front reg plate fitted, scutle pannel fitted and new wipers.
Ive also started building the exhausts but had to stop as I had to order a centre box and a bit more pipe which arrived today, its not the neatest/best job but should last a good few years till I can afford a custom built system.
As usual a few pics :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Few more pics
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:20 am

Nice :) Can't wait to see it running, a video would be cool :D (I found that other video of the previous one)
CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pocketrocket » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm

CamperVanBeethoven wrote:Nice :) Can't wait to see it running, a video would be cool :D (I found that other video of the previous one)

Cheers, its very nearly there I do have a high pressure fuel pump but I've been waiting for the fittings to be delivered before i can fit it.
The way it fires when im turning it over is as though its ran out of fuel and seen as the only change ive made from the other van is the fuel pump thats my first point of elimination.
I do have a short vid of it trying to fire put it's nothing to shout about :lol:
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm

[list=][/list]Righto small update,

The engine is alive!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After much scutineering of the wiring on Saturday morning checking firing orders 3-4times checking fuses over and over and rechecking earth cables i noticed the main harness multi plug wasn't completely bolted up! :oops:
By the time id realised the battery was flat so had to leave it till monday.
I did however get the stainless exhaust finished and the high pressure fuel pump fitted but im now thinking its over fueling as it ticks over ok but smells realy rich and any movement of the throtle kills the engine :?

On a plus side ive started to put the carpet down in the front and will bolt the seats back in soon too.
Any way a few pics and the link to youtube :D

https://youtu.be/PcyJreHX5pc
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Evening all, just thought id post this link to youtube of the van driving.
I'll keep it short as its now quite late due to waiting for the video to upload but the van drives and first impressions are that its bloody fast!!!! :D
Anyway here's the link and I'll post again tomorrow with a proper update :wink:

https://youtu.be/aJFIOzC7tvg
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Ok following on from the other day when I said id post the day after well.......here it is a few days late! :lol:

The engine is running well, starts up first turn of the key, the blowing manifold has been sorted and the exhaust note sound sweet (especially seen as I built the exhaust! :lol: ) not too loud but just a nice burble.
The 2 spots of 20mm sq welding id left have now been finished and sealed and the front o/s brake calliper has also been un-seized.
The interior trim is also all in, just need a plate self tapping into the hole where the original gear stick came through and a small piece of grey carpet sticking over.
I also took the opportunity to remove the lower thick leaf out of the springs while I had a spare half hour which has lowered it slightly, hopefully it won't affect the ride too much.
All the lights etc are working inc the reverse :wink: I did have a go at getting the speedo working but im going to have to look into this as the transit has 3 wires but the jag box only has a plug using 2, :| wiring diagrams are at hand!
Ive also fitted my stereo and rear 6x9s.........now I know im getting close to finish :lol:
I have also ordered a alu header tank as the standard transit sphere is too big to sit on the left side qhere it idealy needs to be, I'm just waiting for it to arive so I can get it modified for the correct size pipwork.

Ive basically been preping for its mot which shouldn't be too far away now.....eeeek!!!

I'll try and remember to get a few up to date pics
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:31 pm

coming along nicely, so think you need to bring this to ford fair :wink: :D
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Pocketrocket » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:21 am

Last edited by Pocketrocket on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 am

Pocketrocket wrote:
MONSTER 0NE wrote:coming along nicely, so think you need to bring this to ford fair :wink: :D

Thanks! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now :lol:

Ah I can't make fordfair I'm afraid as I come back off holiday the same weekend, i will be at mania though and possibly the revolution meet too :D
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Righto been a week or couple since the last post, the tourneo went for its first mot in over 5years last saturday!

She passed first go with just a kind word in my ear about my front tyres being a little outside the arch, but I mentioned I plan to change them for 195/205s so he didn't advise on them! :D

Anyway later that day we nipped out to asda and as we qued at the lights it started to smoke and missfire :(
After being stood all week with different methods of diagnosis i got round to doing a compression test, and yes the head gasket has gone on the r/h bank on the middle cylinder! :x

After pricing parts up etc I came to the conclusion that it would be more cost effective to just buy another jag........ so thats what ive done! :lol:
So now I'll have a spare gearbox/prop/clutch/engine and anything else I may need
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mike En » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Bummer on the head gasket but at least the s types are cheap as hell to buy !
mike En
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:53 am

mike En wrote:Bummer on the head gasket but at least the s types are cheap as hell to buy !

Yeh thank goodness for people not wanting gas guzzlers! :lol:
Thing is with these old jags is they were once a very expensive car and as such were pampered for most of their lives so the engines tend to have very good history, just a shame about the underneath of em.
Its almost a shame to break it :(
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!