*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk2 ambulance resto(almost)

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

mk2 ambulance resto(almost)

Postby irishtransit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:23 pm

well i decided to bite the bullet with the ambo but not sure now.we still don't know if we are being repossed or not but have been told if they do it could take at least 5 months to do.so i thought if i had a go now i might be able to do a fair bit to the old girl and then if i had to sell her she might stand more chanc of finding a home.
well today i moved her and had to cut the door off as i couldn't remove the screws due to lack of a pillar.there are picks to follow but basically the a pillar has gone with only the area around the hinges left.the step etc has gone and the lower part of the b pillar too.some of the inner wing has also gone.
i have a replacement a pillar but it only goes down to where the wheel arch starts to curve.do you think she is worth doing?i'm not gonna do anything now until we know about the house as even i know i couldn't do it in 5 months but if we stay i can take forever.i would love to get her done as i believe she is the only unconverted irish one in the country.now the pics

irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: mk2 ambulance resto(almost)

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 pm

:shock: some serious commitment needed for that :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Neil » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

sadly :( :( I think its had it
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby irishtransit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:07 pm

i think i'll put her on hold for now and do some to the minibus weather depending
irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!