*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Vinny mk5 2.0 dohc

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Vinny mk5 2.0 dohc

Postby halla » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 pm

The lpg system is a factory fitted vialle system. It has four injectors under the inlet manifold, which squirt cold lpg direct into the engine just like petrol. The pump is in the tank.
The piggy back system takes the petrol trims and uses these for the

I have removed most of the lpg system, fixed the holes in the inlet manifold.

Maybe the vialle installation instructions will point the way ahead? Lpg forums maybe a good way forward.

Ian
halla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V8_Bodge » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:05 pm

It is something to do with the earthing of the petrol injectors, the LPG ECU has to fool the Petrol ECU into thinking they are still running so the cables have to go via it before they reach earth.

If you can find out what pins on your Petrol ECU are the earths for the injectors then you could run wires directly to them, try one to start with and see if the engine kicks.
Mk3 LWB 3.9 V8
V8_Bodge
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby DodgeRover » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Did the in tank lpg pump still work? If so get the tank advertised on here or ebay or the lpg forum.

I'm guessing the non starting is something that is now disconnected that was previously routed via the lpg system. Trying stripping back the harness where the lpg wiring was connected to see what's been cut etc.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby halla » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:09 pm

V8 and dodge your both right according to my internet readings!

Some reports say they took 3 wires out from the lpg ecu to petrol ecu and resoldering things back to standard.
"Of course they never go into details".
Other than these 3 wires, everything else has been clearly lpg related. plug and play!

I need to study the siera, galaxy, 2.0 dohc Haynes manuals. And more.
This will take me all winter
Easier to buy another petrol van and copy the wiring.
Ian
halla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!