*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2013 transit custom camper

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

2013 transit custom camper

Postby mikecustomcamper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi
im new to the site just thought id check in with the progress on my conversion, got the van a few months back for trips next summer with my lad

up to now iv added:
New wheels
Aus top roof
windows
insulated
carpet lined
ply floor and carpet
basic units and smev 9222
half way through the split charge

hoping to have the R&R bed in by Feb to take the first trip in March

any tips and ideas will be much appreciated :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikecustomcamper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2013 transit custom camper

Postby pip.t » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Doing a great job there, wheels look smart, can you tell me what size and rating they are please and if poss where you purchased them from. Pip.T
pip.t
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby dumper » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am

Looking very good keep it up
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mikecustomcamper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:18 pm

pip.t wrote:Doing a great job there, wheels look smart, can you tell me what size and rating they are please and if poss where you purchased them from. Pip.T

Hi Mate
I checked all the ratings when i got them but cant remember what they are sorry :/
They are 18" rims though, i just got them from Ebay, then sourced my own tyres.

Mike.
mikecustomcamper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby mikecustomcamper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

just had the seat/bed fitted to the custom just need to finish the electrics off now, and then fit the curtains and its ready for its first trip out to the TT this year :D

also looking to get it in this month to have it fully colour coded and a rear spoiler fitted.

has anyone fitted a tow bar themselves too, is it straight forward or am I best getting a company to supply and fit, they seem fairly cheap on Ebay but I don't want my Jet Ski overtaking me on an A road!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikecustomcamper
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby pip.t » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Mike, well done it looks great. What bed did you go for? Re your tow bar enquiry, I've just purchased a Witter detachable (F162Q) from Wilmond engineering £220 delivered, I went for this one as I didn't want the tow ball sicking out when not being used and i think it will look better. I was advised on this type as the bulk of the bracket is hidden behind the bumper and looks less obtrusive and no cutting of the bumper is required and I'm going to fit it this weekend weather permitting looking at the destructions seems to be very straight forward. What I think you should definitely purchase is a dedicated wiring loom for the electrics, works out a bit dearer but has plug in connectors at the rear light loom and a plug in connector by the passenger footwell again the instructions seem straight forward, I purchased this from traderracks.co.uk (ECS-TRANCUST-FRO7081U) £93 delivered and very helpful. If ordering i would advise you to take a look at the connectors behind the passenger footwell as there is two types of connector its a bit of ag getting the plastic covers offend you will definitely need to take the bottom cover of the seat belt housing off to get the foot well covers off. Hope this helps just check the bits i've suggested are the right ones for your vehicle.
pip.t
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!