*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Luke's Mk3 swb van!!!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Luke's Mk3 swb van!!!

Postby Luke » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:32 pm

This is my mk3 - origanally given to me free!! cheers Bob :D i was going to cut the inner arches out to repair my pickup, and use the adapterplate and gearbox in my mk1, eventually decided not to bother cutting the arches out - so i used it as a shed for a few months!! now me dad has decided he wants is - corsa's just not big enough!! :lol: so im gonna put it on the road!
few jobs to do on it:- bit of welding, rear arches are tatty, new screen needs fitting, then MOT, then fit Di i have!! :D

BTW MD plastering's still going so if your in the sheffield area and need some plastering - you can read the number cant you!! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:16 am

standard rust spots i see ... ford never did learn not to double up pannels did they, and always in the most awkward areas to repair too :( ... that got dead locks/security locks fitted as well ?

wheels might clean up with a fresh coat of paint
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby minimadness1 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:56 pm

any idea where the wheels came from, or are they land rover wheels if so how do they fit,, any mods needed for them...
minimadness1

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:47 pm

They are wellers, they dont make them for the transit anymore but they still make land rover ones, but they don't fit!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Just got the screen fitted - not a job i'd look forward to doing again!!! :lol:
just a bit of welding then its MOT time!!! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby FredTransit » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:45 pm

are you gonna have a respray or just send MD plastering a bill for advertising?
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby madmark » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:13 am

:shock: do you do it yourself luke?????? had a new one in mine this week took about 1 hour! :?
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:25 pm

madmark wrote::shock: do you do it yourself luke?????? had a new one in mine this week took about 1 hour! :?
yeah it took me about 1 hour to fit - its not the best job in the world - if it was on a better van i'd have took more care! you can tell its not proffesionally fitted but so long as it doesnt leak im happy!! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:27 pm

FredTransit wrote:are you gonna have a respray or just send MD plastering a bill for advertising?
well MD gave the van to my mate who gave it to me so, he's entitled to some free advertising :lol: plus he's replaced it with a newer transit! :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:36 pm

Started on the welding today :P one of those- spent 2 hours welding and still had the same amount to do when i'd finished, as when i'd started!! :evil: :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:03 pm

lol, i find its the cutting out and panel making thats the time consuming bit, and getting everything cleaned and primed with a weld through primer prior to welding it, which actually seems to be the fastest part of the job :P

but i know what you mean about working away on something for hours and then sitting back and still seeming to have the same about of work to do !! :(
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:14 pm

another weekend of welding and im nearly there :P - van's been stood since last year and started first time today :shock: - had a quick drive round the block all's well, gonna try to book it in for an mot midweek - that will spur me on to getting the last bit of welding done!!! :)
and mabe put an arch on the o/s/r :?
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:10 pm

rang up to book it in for the MOT and they have stopped doing free re-tests :( damn computerisation!!! so i thought i'd give it a fighting chance of passing first time!!! :)
So a bit more welding and im putting the Di in out of the mk4 i have!! it has a brand new exhaust - overcomes the problem with the rotton petrol exhaust!! and runs so sweet i can't see it failing on the emissions!! :? famous last words :lol:

so ive spent all morning pulling the Di out of the mk4 :) cant beleve what a strait van im breaking up - cant find any welding on it!! (needs a fair bit tho :( ) and it even has the cover on the mt75 :shock: if it had a side door it would probly be the better van to keep :!:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:18 pm

after some serious prodding the o/s rear leafspring hangers shot! :( was in 2 minds to make or buy the panel but £35 for this:-

Image - a mk3/4/5 o/s rear leafspring hanger chassis section!!

aint too bad, and it will certanly out live the rest of the van!!! :D

and ive still not got the Di in :( :lol:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby rover » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:06 am

I think I would be inclined to go for that!

It will save a while lot of hassle and make the job soooo much easier :D

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!