*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit.jono's Hallmark (or was that HOLEmark)

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Postby transit jono » Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 pm

looks like i've been lucky that someone,although the wrong way round,fitted the light thigy into my van then?
I haven't done anything with it since washing only worked it-that's what a transit's for.Still haven't seen the new floor in the mean time i've been working on my 16e project-which is miles behind.
Jono
transit jono
MK3 Massive

New Floor

Postby transit jono » Fri May 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Good news new floor panel arrived at work today and----------------- Yes it is the whole panel from just in front of the wheel tubbs to the back panel,what a touch for £80 all in.Well pleased-now where's that angle grinder????
Jono
transit jono
MK3 Massive

Re: New Floor

Postby Gunslinger » Fri May 05, 2006 4:08 pm

transit.jono wrote:now where's that angle grinder????
Jono

one chassis cab coming right up !!!!!!

forgot to say .... trick for you, get the drill out first and drill through all of the spot welds, use a drill bit a little bigger than the welds, then when you come to weld it up you can use those holes to weld the chassis to the new floor, no need to drill holes in the new floor that way :) .... only downside is you'll be welding on your back for a while to get them all done rather than doing it from the top .... advantage is less cleaning and dressing of the welds though :) and i doubt you will burn off quite as much of the paint from the new floor doing it this way, but if you mark the holes first and then clean around the marks then spray with weld through primer that should help preserve it :)
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transit jono » Mon May 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks for the advice.I need to keep the van on the road earning me money so will have a long weekend of removing the old floor and tack/spot the new one into place then weld properly over the next couple of day.Never welded underneith before-should be fun??
transit jono
MK3 Massive

Postby Gunslinger » Mon May 08, 2006 3:05 pm

have a look arround for a 2 piece welding overall, the top have covers your arms, neck, shoulders and part of your chest, then the lower part press studs on and is like a woodworking apron and covers your lower body/legs.

this is what i have and can highly recommend them :)
Gunslinger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transit jono » Mon May 08, 2006 4:36 pm

Thanks for the advice,i'm practicing my welding on a smaller scale on my 16e at the moment but i will start on the Transit asap.
Jono
transit jono
MK3 Massive

Re: New Floor

Postby Transitwalla » Mon May 08, 2006 6:59 pm

transit.jono wrote:Good news new floor panel arrived at work today and----------------- Yes it is the whole panel from just in front of the wheel tubbs to the back panel,what a touch for £80 all in.Well pleased-now where's that angle grinder????
Jono

Jono...do you have any pictures of the new floor panel yet :?: :?:
Imagination....our only limit....
there's no such thing as a daft question.

Jim.
Transitwalla
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby transit jono » Fri May 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Sorry been busy will sort pics of the floor panel asap.I know the company has 3 more in stock at £80 and then that's it.Let me know anyone and i'll pass their number to you,i couldn't recommend them enough.
Jono
transit jono
MK3 Massive

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!