*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

T280 52 reg 2.2 st also mk6 to mk7 conversion project

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: T280 52 reg 2.2 st also mk6 to mk7 conversion project

Postby kevinwalkerjnr » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm

cossie7 wrote:Cheers winterheating let me know when you find the measurements,

Also got a set of sport wheels so don't know wether to make a sport rep just faster ;)

Either way there will either be a set of sport wheels for sale or the alloys off the van at the mo, I'll get pics for any interested people

Where's this project up to Image
This is mine converted 2 years ago, now I'm thinking the engine may be worth doing

Is the list immense for convo ??
kevinwalkerjnr
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kevinwalkerjnr » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Argro wrote:I was hoping to see someone whos done a Dash converstion, I wanna see how to get around the gear stick being on the dash, But i am thinking of having the front changed on mine but im taking it to a body shop, Also I heard you have to change the fuse box, Modify the radiator brackets and wire the indicators up, Sounds complicated, so I hope you give loads of info mate, And look foward to seeing it complete, And where did you get those sport wheels from?, I would like a set of those but I think there expensive. And How much did you pay for the front? Also will changing the front effect insurance? Sorry about all the questions :S

No radiator mods necessary , if use full front your replacing , slam panel
Bumper bar and mounts , found it easy myself , scuttle is difficult snd the legs and wings
But only a few days work if good with welder
Indicators - either swap plugs or just get into the light and tap into indicator loom !!

Love an engine upgrade but not sure I could afford the st mod, any ideas for best engine upgrade with changing as little as possible ! Cheers in advance guys
kevinwalkerjnr
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cossie7 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 pm

Just for updates sake the van was completed but ended up having to run 125tdci transit management as it's impossible to tie in the Mondeo st and module etc.

One thing I will say is once it was mapped I removed the sport wheels back to steels and no word of a lie the van was a rocket ie smoke from front tyres leaving roundabouts in 3rd in the dry if you wanted lol
ID RATHER PUSH A TRANSIT THAN DRIVE A SPRINTER!!!
cossie7
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!