*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

my custom/camper SWB twink project

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: my custom/camper SWB twink project

Postby ray900tap » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:17 am

No proper real progress, just been enjoying it, had to sort a few blows out on the exhaust, really need to pull my finger out and sort the stainless twin cherry bomb system.. But until then, Myself and a maye had another little play with the battered old system

ray900tap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: my custom/camper SWB twink project

Postby ray900tap » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello all, not loads to report, just been playing with a few ideas, a while back I scored a set of Mondeo front leather seats, I did have a set of cosworth recaros, they needed re trimming which I was getting ridiculous prices on that...

The drivers is fully electric, but the passenger is only heated, was in a good mood the other night (need to be when I'm attacking electrical jobs) so I started stripping out everything not needed, pre tensioners, airbags seatbelt fittings etc.. To be honest, it was very simple, slimmed the looms right down, made a switch circuit for the heated seats.. Job done

You can see I slimmed it down to three wires, two earths, one for the seat movement, one for the heated seats which has the switch inline, I fed the heated seat live 12V circuit from the the live seat movement wire...
Does that make sense?.. haha, as reading it back, it don't to me..

Next, I still have the captains bases from the camper, so I collected them from my lock up, clamped them to my workmate, offered up the seats so I could see what needs making/altering..

And... Here's the thing...
The mondeo mounting holes.... Lined up perfectly with my bases 8)
So a simple bolt up job! Hell yeah!! Aha

I just need to re carpet the box sides (may also beef them up a little) then for them 8)

Going back to the cosworth 24V plans, the motor I was offered has fallen through, but another has popped up, just need time to go see/hear it, Guy88 had found out his old loom, so that looks a possibility, just need to find more info etc, it would be amazing if you people could direct me to any useful threads, I've spent ages looking, (my Internet skills are weak)...

Cheers
Ray
ray900tap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!