*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

VIN Decode 05ACP05UJ51113

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

VIN Decode 05ACP05UJ51113

Postby Tomfish » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am

Hi,

Can someone help me out with decoding the VIN of my MK2? Just curious which motor and diff should be in. The VIN on the plate says 05ACP05UJ51113, the other details I can find are from the portugese VIN plate.

Dir. L
Motor. M
Trans. A
Dif. A
Cor 27R

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Tom
Tomfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: VIN Decode 05ACP05UJ51113

Postby Tomfish » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 pm

No-one who can decode CP05UJ51113? Also I'm having trouble finding the VIN on the chassis. Checked the well known area's, but is is nowhere to be found. Does anyone have any other suggestions where I should take a look?

Thanks again!
Tomfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Muttley » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 pm

This is not a UK built van, the VIN is in a different format and so we dont have the decoder for it. The stamped in VIN on a Mk2 is on the slam panel above the left headlamp (viewed from the front) it is quite often lost if there have been repairs to that panel.
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Old Fords never die, however, mine are on life support
Fallen in love/hate with Mk6s
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby DougT » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:20 am

As this is a Portuguese VIN plate it is different from the GB or German VIN plates. The only way for a proper decode is from Ford Portugal info.

Although the plate is very different to the UK VIN plate, it is a bit similar to the German one. I only have the decode tables from Transit Mk1 1974 but I thought it would be worth a look. So some of the info below could be total nonsense so it is up to you to judge if it makes sense.

Leaving aside the Type 05 and version A for the moment

C= Ford of Britain - Affiliated Company assembly
P=Assembled in Lisbon
05=Ford of Britain code for Transit
UJ=May 1978
51113=chassis sequence number

So if the date is about right, maybe that makes some sense
Going back to the 05A for type and version, this was not used on German vehicles and in UK it was a 3 letter for payload:Van, chassis cab etc type:Door config. 05 could just be a restatement of "Transit"? if A was the door type it would be front doors higned with two hinged rear doors??

In the place where you have Dir , the German plate would have Drive for LHD or RHD but none of the codes match with L. What is the Portuguese for "Left" ?

Motor M would be 2360cc Diesel de-rated from th GB list as it could have been GB munufactured and assembled in Lisbon
Trans A would be 4 speed with 8 1/2 inch clutch
In the place where you have "Dif" would be a 3 letter code for Front axle:Rear Axle:Final Drive ratio so if Dif is to do with the fianl drive then A would be 1:4.44. However it would be normal for there to be a tag on the axle with the ratio and of course ratios were changed to suit so the only way is to count the revolutions yourself.

The last 4 boxes on the same line that you have on your VIN would be labelled as follows on the German plate
Colour
Trim
KD code (ie Knocked down code ?)
Brakes
but none of the codes that you have correspond to any of the info that I have

So see if this makes any sense or it could all be rubbish !

Doug
DougT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Muttley » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Sounds pretty comprehensive to me :D
Expert burns receiver.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Old Fords never die, however, mine are on life support
Fallen in love/hate with Mk6s
Muttley
MK3 Massive

Postby Tomfish » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 am

DougT wrote:C= Ford of Britain - Affiliated Company assembly
P=Assembled in Lisbon
05=Ford of Britain code for Transit
UJ=May 1978
51113=chassis sequence number

This sounds quite reasonable. Thanks Doug!

DougT wrote: if A was the door type it would be front doors higned with two hinged rear doors?

Thats is the config indeed. I have two higned rear doors.

DougT wrote:Motor M would be 2360cc Diesel de-rated from th GB list as it could have been GB munufactured and assembled in Lisbon
Trans A would be 4 speed with 8 1/2 inch clutch
In the place where you have "Dif" would be a 3 letter code for Front axle:Rear Axle:Final Drive ratio so if Dif is to do with the fianl drive then A would be 1:4.44. However it would be normal for there to be a tag on the axle with the ratio and of course ratios were changed to suit so the only way is to count the revolutions yourself.

Again, this makes sense....

I'll try to make another hunt for the VIN number. I've sanded down the right slam panel, but nothing is there. Will do the same for the left panel. Thank you so much!
Tomfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Tomfish » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:02 pm

No result underneith the paint of the left slam panel. Could it be that they've put the VIN somewhere else because it was build in Lisbon and not in de UK?
Tomfish
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 1 & 2