*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk1 parcel van

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: Mk1 parcel van

Postby karl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm

go on fred go and get it before gets turned into bean cans :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby BigMonty » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm

FredTransit wrote:wotcha mean 'runs rhe local scrap yard'? Please tell me he wants it for himself....

Oh yes. He is very much a classic enthusiast. Just another to his collection.
Personally I can see it getting pushed back in the lean to for another 20 years.
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby FredTransit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 am

thats ok the :D
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby baconsdozen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 am

I wonder why it is that the purchase/sale of some of these old vehicles turns into such a palaver. Not to far away from me I know of a Mk1 slowly crumbling away to nothing,sharing its barn and presumably its fate is another old and restorable car.For a couple of years or so I have tried to purchase the car and a pal has become involved in trying to buy the van,adding the offers together,the owner instead of letting them crumble away to nothing would be pretty well off. We even got as far as arranging transport and the moving of them at one stage (both have been left with flat tyres and brakes seized on) but at the last minute the owner decided he is going to "do them up one day". Looking at him and the vehicles I've more chance of being ravaged by Kate Middleton than he has of doing them up.
I bet there are still quite a few old motors suffering the same fate,I know of a very early Triumph Mayflower covered with tarpaulins,and sheets of roofing that must have been there for twenty years,the owner of that one is "going to do it up one day" what a waste.
baconsdozen
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Neil » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:13 pm

baconsdozen wrote:I wonder why it is that the purchase/sale of some of these old vehicles turns into such a palaver. Not to far away from me I know of a Mk1 slowly crumbling away to nothing,sharing its barn and presumably its fate is another old and restorable car.For a couple of years or so I have tried to purchase the car and a pal has become involved in trying to buy the van,adding the offers together,the owner instead of letting them crumble away to nothing would be pretty well off. We even got as far as arranging transport and the moving of them at one stage (both have been left with flat tyres and brakes seized on) but at the last minute the owner decided he is going to "do them up one day". Looking at him and the vehicles I've more chance of being ravaged by Kate Middleton than he has of doing them up.
I bet there are still quite a few old motors suffering the same fate,I know of a very early Triumph Mayflower covered with tarpaulins,and sheets of roofing that must have been there for twenty years,the owner of that one is "going to do it up one day" what a waste.

SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT nothing more I know of a mk 1 truck first sold out of Lancaster rotting in a field won t sell it as his dad bought it new
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby limitedblack » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Bit like people that say the diet starts tomorrow :lol: who they kidding :roll:
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby BigMonty » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 pm

limitedblack wrote:Bit like people that say the diet starts tomorrow :lol: who they kidding :roll:

You are so right.
And my diet starts tomorrow
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby limitedblack » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:10 pm

I've accepted the fact I don't have the "spirit" to do any more restorations, hence the new and shiny van, easy motoring but not exactly rare :)
Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby baconsdozen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 am

I watched an episode of 'Salvage Hunters' the other night and some guy invited Drew whatshisname round and after they pulled all sorts of stuff out that had been buried under junk for years going rotten he decided he wasn't going to sell anything as "he might have a use for it one day".
After traipsing all the way over there and being messed about I'd have chinned the twerp,cameras or no cameras.
baconsdozen
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby limitedblack » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Happy Easter
limitedblack
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 pm

did u buy it :?: :?:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Have the wiper arms Fred :)
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Vandalism » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:45 am

baconsdozen wrote:I watched an episode of 'Salvage Hunters' the other night and some guy invited Drew whatshisname round and after they pulled all sorts of stuff out that had been buried under junk for years going rotten he decided he wasn't going to sell anything as "he might have a use for it one day".
After traipsing all the way over there and being messed about I'd have chinned the twerp,cameras or no cameras.

i saw a mk3 parcel van with sliding doors in somones yard on that program :?:

i recon if the mk1s bought, dont repaint it, leave the original paint ect and just laquer it....or is that a bit to vw for your liking :lol: :P
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby FredTransit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 pm

RATLUK!!!!!
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby BigMonty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Neil wrote:did u buy it :?: :?:

No matey.
bit too much for me at that money. As a lot of the mechanical work would have to be done by someone else.
I would still have it at £600 but he is not an easy chap to deal with. And apparently he has had a lot of better offers.
I will try and keep track of what happens.
BigMonty
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 1 & 2