*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Just bought a mk1 pickup!

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: Just bought a mk1 pickup!

Postby Focustjohn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Muttley wrote:Signal Orange is a MK2 colour, would look good on a MK1 :)

thanks i will look into it :)
Focustjohn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Focustjohn » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:45 am

So here are the pics of the bits I bought off Ralph last week! ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Just waiting for the van to get moved to the unit then I can start stripping it!

All parts are in good order, one wing needs a bit if repair but it all looks good! The parts in the pics are probably worth more than the whole of our pickup lol
Focustjohn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Focustjohn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Work has finally started! I have started to strip parts. I have not been able to work on it due to other projects and weather!

Now that the weather is picking up Iv been doing a bit each night.

So far the grill, skuttle has been removed and I am starting to disconnect the engine. As I do not have an engine crane I will be disconnecting it and literally dragging it out. Has anyone done similar?

Did you disconnect the gearbox or just drag everything out?

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Focustjohn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby omerplcc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Focustjohn wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So here are the pics with thanks to tapatalk!

As you can see it's in a poor condition, the floors are ruined, holes in the wings, holes I. The inner wings, side steps are ruined, the bottoms to the seats are ruined butt he backs are actually fine!

Engine looks horrendous, probably best just being replaced. Underneath the van is solid! Chassis seems ok.

I need your help and advice to get this project on the go, if we can't get bits for it my dad will just get rid of it which is a shame as it really would be awesome when finished!

If anyone knows where's best to source parts or knows anyone Selling bits please let me know!

What do yous think anyway? Too much work? Is it a lost cause?

Hello,

I want to buy this one on avery good price please let me know if you wanna sale .

Thanks
omerplcc

Previous

Return to Mk 1 & 2