*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Headlight replacement button wiring/speedometer

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Headlight replacement button wiring/speedometer

Postby Rossco_R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am

Hey guys, noob to the forum but owner of two 1980 Ford Transits so likely to be around here a bit...wondering if I could get some help re the wiring on my second van (I'm not sure if it's a Mk 1 or Mk 2 but it has an Alloy Head stamp on the back and a shorter wheel base than my first one)..

Anyway, being a 34 year old van it's had some changes over the years including someone changing the headlight shaft button to a different button...the headlights were acting up a bit so 'Old Mate' said he could fix it by jiggling the wires n then he couldn't work out how to refit the button as the button has 7 inputs and there are only 3 wires...long story short-anyone know what the green wire is for? I think it's for tail lights (as these don't seem to be working) maybe but the diagrams under the fuses gave me the impression it might be related to the dash/speedometer..

(wires without button..)

7 input button

(I think it's relatedto the 4th fuse)

The speedo's not working also-is that the kinda job it'd be easier to pay someone to do?
Rossco_R

Re: Headlight replacement button wiring/speedometer

Postby Neil » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 am

if you want an easy fix give it to your local auto electrician some things are worth paying for
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby DodgeRover » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi, are you in Australia? I think there may be slight differences to the uk models.
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Rossco_R » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 am

Yes Australian..

I know what you mean Neil but the tail lights and headlights were working before the button was removed (not sure about the speedo as weird as that sounds)

Thanks for replying guys :D any advice is much appreciated at this stage..
Rossco_R

Return to Mk 1 & 2