*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

"M" Reg di into a Bullnose MK1, will it fit?

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

"M" Reg di into a Bullnose MK1, will it fit?

Postby kapo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi,
my old york in y MK1 Transit ice cream van is getting smokey and sooty, I have been offered a "M" reg single wheel transit ex BT chassis cab, i am not changing the gearbox, but my question is, has the M reg got the immobiliser on the pump, and will it fit if its got the bannana type manifold, i will have the whole van so i get everything, i would prefer a MK3 di engine on a lucas pump as they seem to have more low down torque, as its going to be running an ice cream machine and tickover all day, i havent seen the van yet but prewarned is better.and yes it does run, any usefull comments suggestions are most welcome
kapo

Re: "M" Reg di into a Bullnose MK1, will it fit?

Postby karl » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:23 pm

a dont know has iam a long way from engine transplant in me mrks 2 but a sure you will have to make a few mods for fitting the engine ,and a believe the pats can be bypassed as well

good luck :D

what you doing with your old engine :wink:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby DodgeRover » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

karl mcghee wrote:a dont know has iam a long way from engine transplant in me mrks 2 but a sure you will have to make a few mods for fitting the engine ,and a believe the pats can be bypassed as well

good luck :D

what you doing with your old engine :wink:

Hi Karl, has that chassis cab you're breaking got an overdrive box by any chance ? I think Fred or Muttley might have a spare york, they aren't much use down this way...
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm

pats is easy to bypass on the banana Di's

i like the CAV pump Di's but a decent banana one is just as good :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Mk 1 & 2