*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK1/2 panels available

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: MK1/2 panels available

Postby irishtransit » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm

saw your ad on ebay and have saved it but it's gonna take me a long time to save for.
irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Retrohowla » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am

irishtransit wrote:
Retrohowla wrote:
irishtransit wrote:the front cross member listed isn't it's a gearbox section.i should know i'm stuck with one :evil:

The descriptions are often a bit strange, I guess due to the translation. They list both the gearbox x-member and front chassis section x-member. They are listed in different sections. It sounds like lots of people have struggled with motomobil. I was just impressed with the parts I managed to get that I just couldn't find over here for my diff. I guess the proof will be in the pudding when I go to fit them.

any idea where the proper one is then as I couldn't find it.

My Bad, its a front valance, not the complete cross member, sorry :(
If you own a transit, learn to weld
Retrohowla
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transitGT » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 am

irishtransit wrote:saw your ad on ebay and have saved it but it's gonna take me a long time to save for.

There worth it as there very well detailed even have the captive nuts ;-)
transitGT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby irishtransit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:06 pm

will be in touch one day.
irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Retrohowla » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:44 pm

Front spring hanger sections arrived within 48 hours of ordering, they look decent quality too.
Front spring, rear shackle bushes worked out less than £4 each, again in stock for dispatch, look good quality.
Diff pinion oil seal, crush tube, half shaft gaskets, orings, diff housing gasket etc all in stock and all arrived within 48 hours of payment.

I know people have been disappointed by them, but i thought i would let you know my experience, its an option at least if you're struggling to find the parts in the UK
Retrohowla
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby irishtransit » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:55 pm

what was the postage costs like?

don't get me wrong i'm not knocking them they do seem to have a comprehensive range and do communicate well.
irishtransit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Retrohowla » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:06 pm

cost me just over a tenna postage, email is the way to go, swift replies, very efficient service indeed.
Ive not fitted the parts yet but they look a lot closer than the diff pinion seals and crush tubes sent to me by british suppliers, that i know dont fit, dont ask me how i know :evil:
Retrohowla
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby transitGT » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:01 pm

My Bad, its a front valance, not the complete cross member, sorry :([/quote]

They are very good I've used them myself but alot of the panels are listed but not available and they have no supplier for them. They list the front valance but don't stock it and can't supply it either. It's another panel that im planing on fabricating.
transitGT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nostromo » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 am

Retrohowla wrote:Front spring hanger sections arrived within 48 hours of ordering, they look decent quality too.
Front spring, rear shackle bushes worked out less than £4 each, again in stock for dispatch, look good quality.
Diff pinion oil seal, crush tube, half shaft gaskets, orings, diff housing gasket etc all in stock and all arrived within 48 hours of payment.

I know people have been disappointed by them, but i thought i would let you know my experience, its an option at least if you're struggling to find the parts in the UK

+1 here so far, I blundered across their site while googling for parts, prices look good and so I ordered some very similar bits as you did for my Type 34 read end; half shaft gaskets and the big axle orings (both seem to be a bit hard to find elsewhere), pinion seal and rear hub seals. Took a wee while to get to NZ by slow post, but parts here and fitting them at the moment.
I reckon the website is laid out quite well, it's easy to follow the parts categories and Transit models.
nostromo
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk 1 & 2