*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Conrod's Supervan 2

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: Conrod's Supervan 2

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Originally posted October30th 2015.

Reposted here because photobucket are b*stards and have removed third party hosting unless I pay them a ransom!

I spotted this van about 10-15 years ago, driving down the motorway, and thought "ooohh, I am going to own that one day!" I tracked down the owner, and gave him a visit about 3-4 years ago, and have been in touch since. I told him if he ever wants to sell it, to let me know. Anyway, he spent the last 2-3 years getting it panelled and painted, and fitting lots of new parts on. He brought it over about 3-4 months ago to show me it, and said he would probably sell it next year. Anyway, he texted me last weekend saying he was ready to sell it, and to come over if I was interested. After another test drive, and some negotiation, a deal was agreed on. I have just paid a deposit to hold, and will probably pay for it end of November and collect it. Pretty stoked about it, unlike my other vans this one is not a project, I can use it straight away:)

It has a 3.8 Holden/Buick V6 with 4 stage auto fitted. It is quite a harsh noisy engine, but my god does it go! It would give my Mk1 V8 a good run for its money I think. And being injected should be better on fuel too. Otherwise, it is fairly standard, not really any other mods done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by conrod on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Reposted here because photobucket are b*stards and have removed third party hosting unless I pay them a ransom!

Altransit wrote:Conrad, you're addicted, and may possibly need professional help :roll: :P

What a great looking van though 8) 8) 8) :D :mrgreen:
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:07 pm

jonochap wrote:Love the van though, even if you are mad ;)
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm

conrod wrote:
Altransit wrote:Conrad, you're addicted, and may possibly need professional help :roll: :P

yes I think you might be right :)
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Originally posted October31st 2015.

VCPro wrote:Ooooo very nice,I'd give a testie for that :lol:
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Luke wrote:sweet 8) 8) 8)
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Originally posted November 1st 2015.

ake wrote:That's nice :D
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Originally posted November 2nd 2015.

robbie.cee wrote:Lucky lucky lucky man! Nice van!!!
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 pm

I was going to pick the van up at the end of November, but couldn't wait, so paid the balance and picked it up Saturday. Been driving it around all weekend, and really happy with it. It is very good to drive for an old van, quite tight. Took it on a long run yesterday, and refilled with fuel when I got back. Looks like about 20mpg, or 14l/100kms, which is very good for something that has the aerodynamics of a house, with a fairly large engine. And way better than my current LDV "Police" van, which will be replaced by this as my tow vehicle.

Parked up at Hampton Downs yesterday (a local racetrack) next to my mates "Masport" V8 Mk2. They certainly got a bit of attention there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:14 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:Nice van Conrod :) I had one like that spoiler and stripes but fitted with a Yorkie .Best van I ever had.I must root out photos of it and learn how to post them :lol:
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm

RustWidow wrote:You lucky, lucky man, she is gorgeous, well done!
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm

conrod wrote:
bambi mk 1 wrote:Nice van Conrod :) I had one like that spoiler and stripes but fitted with a Yorkie .Best van I ever had.I must root out photos of it and learn how to post them :lol:

would be cool to see that :)
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:16 pm

walt1984 wrote:You have cool vans.
A holden motor in a ford!
Dont ford and holden owners get together and knock lumps out of each other? Or is that more in aus.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Originally posted November 3rd 2015.

conrod wrote:
walt1984 wrote:You have cool vans.
A holden motor in a ford!
Dont ford and holden owners get together and knock lumps out of each other? Or is that more in aus.

yes some say they do ;) It's really a Buick V6 though :) I have a fully rebuilt Essex V6 (never been run) and type 9 5 speed bolted to it, which would be much more period corect if I fitted that. But would be much slower, and thirstier, so for the sake of a bit of banter about the Holden/Buick into Ford thing I will stick to the current engine.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby conrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Originally posted November 6th 2015.

oldskooler wrote:wow, what an awesome van mate. great find, best of luck with her.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Next

Return to Mk 1 & 2