*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MKII LWB Twin wheel 14seater Minibus with sliding door?

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: MKII LWB Twin wheel 14seater Minibus with sliding door?

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 am

bulls in transit wrote:There's one on carandclassic website same spec.(LWB,slider,minibus),but has got metal rear arches

Could you possibly share the link please? Have just searched wall to wall every MKII on there and haven't found it?
Cheers
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 am

DodgeRover wrote:Sorry I read your post as you were looking to work out what it was worth as you weren't going to camperise it and were sticking with a car and caravan.

well that's how I read it too :!: a lwb bus in that condition is only going to make 15-1600 in that state whatever doors it has on
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:31 am

Neil wrote:
DodgeRover wrote:Sorry I read your post as you were looking to work out what it was worth as you weren't going to camperise it and were sticking with a car and caravan.

well that's how I read it too :!: a lwb bus in that condition is only going to make 15-1600 in that state whatever doors it has on

Again, I'm really not after any kind of valuation opinions. Opinions do not count for anything when it comes to 'what's it worth' as anything will only ever be worth what someone is willing to pay. And I can tell you that I've got a solid offer of £2200 and that's from someone who's in the trade, spent 2 hours inspecting it and openly admits he'll be making a profit from it. It's a decent offer and if I needed to sell for space or money then I'd let it go but I'm in no rush and I'm happy to start panel repairs in my spare time.

Still, if anyone has or knows of another like mine I'd be grateful if you could show me!

Cheers
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bulls in transit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 1 of 6)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 2 of 6)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 3 of 6)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 4 of 6)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 5 of 6)
Rare factory Transit Minibus For Sale (1985) (picture 6 of 6)

2.0 Pinto engine 4speed manual gearbox. Finished in diamond white with grey cloth interior. This vehicle has never been welded and is in amazing original condition,having only recorded 38250 miles (believed genuine)It was repainted and wax oiled 5/6 years ago and kept inside until Summer 2014 It is supplied with its original full set of seats in excellent condition and was fitted with a brand new roof liner a year ago I have just put a new MoT on it to October 2017 It is fitted with a PB radio (original I believe), a new battery a few months ago, and has a new jack and tools for removing those twin rear wheels(!)
It is unusual in having a sliding drivers door but slam passenger door.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire one of these and must represent a possible business in film work/weddings etc also. It doesn't deserve converting into a camper as it is so original! The vehicle also has a towing hitch and a few spares One or two very minor jobs needed (rear door transfers, refit interior lights etc) and could easily be a show winner too
I would love to keep this iconic vehicle but have nowhere to keep it under cover and can see that it will only deteriorate if left outside any longer. It is time to find it a good home!!
Price: £6995 Or near offer
Advert Type: For Sale
Category: Classic Cars
Make: Ford
Model: Transit
Model (alt): Transit LWB Minibus
Year: 1985
Region: Cheshire
Town: Nr. Warrington
Telephone: 07043 244329 070 charges / info
E-mail: Contact Advertiser via Email
Listing Date: 25-Dec-2016
Ref: C806381

This advert viewed 1775 times
bulls in transit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bulls in transit » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:25 pm

bulls in transit
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DodgeRover » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm guessing it was originally going to be used maybe picking up lots of kids from outlaying farms and taking them to school where the driver would be in and out pretty much continually, hence being spec'd with the drivers sliding door to allow constant in and out.

It's a similar spec to mine originally, Lwb minibus with rubber arches it's even the same Cargo Blue (NG code) colour

Let's see how you go on with the jag V6 I assume you've seen pocketrockets build threads?
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Neil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

bulls in transit wrote:http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C806381

yep theres another mint at 7 k :!: yours is a mile apart from that condition it will need 7k spending on it to get it like that,,, grab that 2200 quick
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Ooooh that's bloody stunning! Why they can't just make vehicles that cool anymore is beyond me...

Thanks for your reply, at least now I know mine isn't some backyard 'hybrid' of some kind :D
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:59 pm

DodgeRover wrote:I'm guessing it was originally going to be used maybe picking up lots of kids from outlaying farms and taking them to school where the driver would be in and out pretty much continually, hence being spec'd with the drivers sliding door to allow constant in and out.

It's a similar spec to mine originally, Lwb minibus with rubber arches it's even the same Cargo Blue (NG code) colour

Let's see how you go on with the jag V6 I assume you've seen pocketrockets build threads?

I haven't seen any builds to be honest, I just have a nice S-Type sitting around doing nothing and at around 240bhp I thought it'd make a nice upgrade for the running gear! Quite a compact engine too which is always a bonus and easy to get parts for.
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Neil wrote:

yep theres another mint at 7 k :!: yours is a mile apart from that condition it will need 7k spending on it to get it like that,,, grab that 2200 quick

£7000!! Blimey I'd hate to see what you pay for a service lol.

Resto on the van has already been priced at £1000 tops plus £800 paint job... That includes the V6 Conversion (V6 already purchased)
Honestly the van looks a lot worse than what it is. The back doors are probably the worst area and even then there's no challenging dimensions
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:39 pm

well your pictures show a rotten bonnet, front panal and holes in the wings theres a grand in new panals there for a start unless its going to be a filler resto :?: the last time the van had an mot test was in 2006 so its been stood somewhere for 11 years and it failed then miserably :wink:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PeddyP » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Neil wrote:well your pictures show a rotten bonnet, front panal and holes in the wings theres a grand in new panals there for a start unless its going to be a filler resto :?: the last time the van had an mot test was in 2006 so its been stood somewhere for 11 years and it failed then miserably :wink:

I don't believe in filler repairs, everything of mine gets all steel like-for-like repairs with barely a skim of paper thin filler where/if needed. Have you never heard or re-skinning? Re-framing? Or is that just old fashioned now because we're all rich and can buy what we need off the shelf?
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:28 pm

ohhhhh yes heard it all before :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby PeddyP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Neil wrote:ohhhhh yes heard it all before :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not quite sure what your problem is but you're clearly very very bored and bitter about something...
PeddyP
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Neil » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 pm

yes the thread got boring when the RARE wreck appears to have failed its test 11 years ago needing new brakes and 100 hours welding underneath, on the plus side if you only paid 300 quid for it your on a winner :wink:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 1 & 2